Retainer Question

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

elektro

Retainer Question

#1 Post by elektro »

Hey,

I know I'm a long way off getting my retainer (I'm nearly 5 months into braces...) I thought I'd ask what the most likely retainer I would get would be.

I'm basically having a gap between my front teeth and a couple to the side closed - what type of retainer would I most likely have to wear to keep the teeth straight when the gaps are closed?
Braced on May 14 2007

AMinTX

#2 Post by AMinTX »

I haven't gotten my braces on yet, but I am basically having the same thing done as you -- closing the gap between my front two teeth & closing some gaps on the side. My ortho anticipates doing a permanent retainer on the backs of my lower front teeth, and then a small permanent retainer on the back of my front two teeth to hold them together. I will also have a hawley type retainer to hold all of the front teeth in place.