UK PATIENT lower jaw surgery (good news)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kerry

UK PATIENT lower jaw surgery (good news)

#1 Post by Kerry »

Hi everyone

Just got back from the hospital after seeing the surgeon and it looks like im going to have it all done on the NHS which is fantastic !

I will be having my bottom wisdom teeth out first (before end of year) and after that i will be having braces fitted which i will wear for 12 months aparently my top bit needs widening (only overheard) and then surgery and another 6 months of braces.

All i have to do now is wait to hear from them as to when i got in for pre ops and wisdom teeth out.

Mart

#2 Post by Mart »

congratulations kerry! :-88 hope you'll keep us posted on how things go. my experience of nhs wisdom teeth extractions was a pleasant, painless one, and the plan is its helped me to be prepared for the main event. Hope all goes well!

Kerry

#3 Post by Kerry »

thank you guys, i am little worried about the wisdom teeth because they havent come out yet is this more painfull ?

neas

#4 Post by neas »

I'm borderline jaw surgery. My current treatment plan has two outcomes.

If my bite plate works and brings my bite together well I will just have brces on the top and bottom and remove 1 tooth to allign the teeth together.

If my bite can't be fixed with the bite plate 9 months in they will diverge my treatment plan to include jaw surgery of lower jaw to move it forward and downards some.

I currently have a deep bite (or did) am 2 months into treatment and am happy with NHS treatment, free and its working or appears t be.. Only problem is damn archwire poking my cheeks... got worse since last adjustment. I dont use wax at all i dont see the point of it.

Kerry

#5 Post by Kerry »

thank you very much your all a great help, its nice to have found this site :)

ema27

#6 Post by ema27 »

hi there i am also having lower jaw surgery on the NHS some time early next year hiopfullt just be fore easter :)
I had to have my wisdoms took out also looking back not that bad but i was nervous as it was my ist time under.The worst bit was the first 2 days but after that it was so much easier-so dont worry like everything thats thrown at us-we find a way to cope-good luckxxx

Kerry

#7 Post by Kerry »

hi em, how are you doing with your braces and stuff ? i have to be braced still and little scared. did you have normal braces coz i was wondering wether the NHS would let me pay the extra to have ceramics ??
Imagewisdom teeth removed under GA nov07 * Braced 8/2/08 * 2 premolars removed Apr08 * Adjustment 4 rebonding, 4 molar bands & new wire 4/7/08 * 31Jul wire change * 28 Aug last wire fitted and lower powerchain put on. 29th May moulds and x rays. 31st July Surgery date :-)