At least halfway there :)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jma295psu

At least halfway there :)

#1 Post by jma295psu »

Hello everyone,

Since I so often post when I am feeling down, I felt the need to post something good for once. I had an adjustment today (I don't know what number as I don't keep track that way). I was given a stainless steel wire on top with 2 powerchains. One is a superchain going from 1-1, and the other is a regular powerchain going from 7-7. It goes over top of the superchain so my centrals have a lot of pull to try and close the last couple of mms from my SARPE.

On the bottom, I just got some new ligs. I went with red this time for the ligs and powerchain. Felt like something different.

Anyway, I finally got the courage to ask the ortho about progress. He says we are "at least halfway through". This is great news because it sounds like we are actually more than halfway which means we are ahead of schedule. I started this journey in 07/06, and had an estimate of 2.5 years.

So, I am feeling the pain now mainly in my canines, but I am grateful for knowing that things are moving. Maybe I am odd, but I sort of like the low level pain that usually hangs around as then I know progress is being made :twisted:

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Jean

ccrisis

#2 Post by ccrisis »

Hi Jean,

That's great news!!!! And I'm with you on the pain thing. It let's you know something positive is happening in there!!
Braced 03-09-07
Ceramic Uppers
Metal Lowers

jma295psu

#3 Post by jma295psu »

Thanks to both of you for the responses! I am definitely feeling the new wire today. Although if memory serves, steel wires are a whole nother step. It was a lot more difficult to get into the buccal tubes on the molar bands, and I felt the pressure right away.

For the time being, I am going back to my soft food diet for a few days. After that, I will add the chewing back in to help stimulate the blood flow, but things are just too sensitive right now. I cannot even let my uppers and lowers come into contact with each other without wincing.

On the plus side, I can already see a slight change in my gap. My teeth should have a meeting very soon, and I could not be happier about that. :GapToothed: Soon, I won't look like this anymore :GapToothed: They have been separated for far too long!

Jean