What brackets?? Getting braced in 3 hours! .. help!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lildreamer

What brackets?? Getting braced in 3 hours! .. help!

#1 Post by lildreamer »

Hi all, erm i really really need some advice on what brackets .. my ortho has recommended damon 3's as she said i will be in and out 4 months faster and will be done in a year .. my problem is mainly alignment.

To me though damon 3's look a lot bigger than regular brackets ? is it just me or is it true? i really want small brackets as my lips will stick out a mile otherwise.. if anyone knows if the damons are bigger (width wise and how far they stick out) please let me know ..

Thanks so much guys .. :)

lildreamer

#2 Post by lildreamer »

Thanks KK .. im just worried as my lips kinda stick out already and i dread to think what they will look like lol.
I will get the salt water rinses ready in preparation! :)

cullenal

#3 Post by cullenal »

I just got Damon 3's 3.5 weeks ago and I find them really small! Loads of people haven't noticed and its good because the top half of them are tooth coloured! Don't worry you will be fine just meke sure you don't come home from the ortho's office without wax!! Good luck!! :lol:

lildreamer

#4 Post by lildreamer »

ok.. thanks guys! just want to get it over with now.. and see peoples reactions at school- im the only one left i think in my year/grade (year 13) to have them on! should be an experience ..thanks again and if anyone else has anything else .. please share :)