Hello From a total newbie~ Day 2 - OUCH!!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Anim8torCathy

Hello From a total newbie~ Day 2 - OUCH!!!

#1 Post by Anim8torCathy »

Hello Everyone!

Here I am at day 2 - Day 1 was a breeze - but today is a different story! YEEEOOOUUCCHH! I've got the wax on - it helps for sure. And I was smart enough to save some Vicodin in the medicine cabinet from an injury last month - BOY, DID THAT COME IN HANDY!!

Just wanted to say Hello! I'm officially a Tin Grin! And proud of it!!

:D

-Cathy, 52, Redwood City, CA

joele

#2 Post by joele »

Welcome! I get mine on next week, have been waiting for so long and should have done this years ago. Hope your day 3 is brighter and pain free!

braceface101

#3 Post by braceface101 »

Welcome, I recently got my lower arch braces on (last tues.). Congrats on starting your braces journey.

Braceface
Metal:
upper arch 5/24
lower arch 10/16

AMinTX

#4 Post by AMinTX »

Welcome! The third day was the worst for me. Each day is getting gradually better, I'm almost 2 weeks in now.

They are more annoying than anything & I really want to eat normally again!

Angela

Anim8torCathy

#5 Post by Anim8torCathy »

It's getting better everyday - on day 4 now. Not quite ready for major chewing yet - but maybe will try hotdogs for dinner tonight. I tried chewing just a little last night ... still pretty sensitive.

Really lucky in that I've only had one sore spot so far and wax really has helped that.

Over all I am still very glad I've made this decision. :D

-Cathy