Teeth more crooked then before braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gerbilburp

Teeth more crooked then before braces

#1 Post by gerbilburp »

Hello,

I thought braces are supposed to be straightening my teeth :(

5 months into having braces my teeth are much more crooked then they were before

well my front teeth were somewhat aligned before, now the teeth next to my two front teeth have shifted behind the front teeth also something i never had before my two front teeth is growing a gap which is getting bigger and bigger each day which about 1mm gap now

im getting treatment from a ortho school
i asked my ortho wat is happening and told me that its gonna get worse before it gets better

also had my bicuspids removed :?

Miss Smiley

#2 Post by Miss Smiley »

OH my....we're both going through that ugly duckling phase. I'm past 6 months going on 7 months next week or so. I feel like my gaps are noticable all over, but the more I look at my teeth, they actually look better in pictures even with the slight gaps. I thought all my bottom teeth were crooked like a graveyard full of broken tombstones, but I realized theyre still moving around. Also, my ortho apologized for opening up all these gaps but that is what is needed to get my teeth in the right place. You can check my WWW link and see my progress with all my 1st premolars gone.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

Pepper

#3 Post by Pepper »

I haven't read any facts on the matter, but I've heard that teeth often get worse before they get better. Don't worry - I'm sure it'll turn out fine. It happened to me, and I'm fine.

ilovemacs

#4 Post by ilovemacs »

I agree, things get worse before they get better! Good Luck!