Nougat + archwire?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jess214

Nougat + archwire?

#1 Post by jess214 »

Ever since I got my braces, I've been eating pretty much everything that I was eating pre-braces, even all the so-called forbidden food.

It's been (exactly) 11 months. So far, so good..

Until tonight. Haha.

My dad went to Macau a few days ago and came back with these amazing Cherykoff nougat, and I was just chewing on them one after another. Halfway through my 3rd one in a row, I noticed a wire on the nougat; at first I thought, eww the guy who worked in the factory must've been sleeping on the job, but then on 2nd thought, it looked like a wire tie more than anything. It was in the shape of a square with the ends of the wire twisted together. Then I checked the mirror, and that confirmed it.

I'd call my ortho to tell him to replace it, but..
1) tomorrow's Sunday, and
2) would it be that bad of an idea to wait til my next appointment, which would be the 12th of Nov? Surely ONE wire tie-less bracket shouldn't affect my progress too much, would it? I mean the brackets next to it are secured, so the archwire couldn't shift out of place.. I really don't want to go to the office and be asked to wait a whole hour just to have one wire put on my bracket.

What to do?
braced w/ ceramic brackets & wire ligs - 28th Nov, 06
debanded! + Essix retainers - 5th Nov, 08

onedayperfect

#2 Post by onedayperfect »

should be fine, make a call to be on the safe side.