Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

PrincessMelody

#556 Post by PrincessMelody »

I got pink and blue this time...everyone keeps calling me cake mouth..
LOL I never thought about that... when I had that color combo I thought it looked like I had a baby shower party going on in my mouth. I really didn't care for the combo on my teeth, but it looks nice on yours especially with the ceramic brackets.
Check out my braces story by clicking the WWW
28 months and 22 days in braces
Now in an upper and lower Hawley retainer.

MissDiana

#557 Post by MissDiana »

I went in to change my stained powerchains today (big event this weekend) and ...

Light silver on top, light blue on the bottom. I've been wanting light blue for a very, very long time, and since I'm due for an adjustment next week, I figured this would be a good time to give it a shot!
Braces on 4/4/07 -
Braces off 3/31/08!

Wired Skull

#558 Post by Wired Skull »

Hi MissDiana.

Love the colors. My ortho only have light silver and clear power chains. I like the light silver but it tend to get stained in about 3 weeks. At least for me as I drink coffee.
I'm off to my ortho on friday. Not sure what colors I will choose but I'll let you know :D

good luck and hope you like your power chains.
Braces on: 2007-01-20
Ceramics upper and lower.
Elastics: 2007-08-16
Debanding: 2008-11-20 / 2009-06-12
Braces again: 2010-07-05
Metal - Lower only.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wiredskull ... 501093091/

Wired Skull

#559 Post by Wired Skull »

Hi MissDiana.

Love the colors. My ortho only have light silver and clear power chains. I like the light silver but it tend to get stained in about 3 weeks. At least for me as I drink coffee.
I'm off to my ortho on friday. Not sure what colors I will choose but I'll let you know :D

Good luck and hope you like your power chains.
Braces on: 2007-01-20
Ceramics upper and lower.
Elastics: 2007-08-16
Debanding: 2008-11-20 / 2009-06-12
Braces again: 2010-07-05
Metal - Lower only.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wiredskull ... 501093091/

mottsrods

#560 Post by mottsrods »

Ok, so i'm soon to be braced on Nov. 27th with damon's. Now I drink a decent amount of (sweet)tea, and maybe 2-3 cups of coffee in the mornings. What color should I go with so I don't look like I have a mouth full of crap? I've seen so many posts on here talking about clear and grey, but honestly, what won't show as much......or should i just go with a color.........??????

SDFD TSchott

#561 Post by SDFD TSchott »

I know this will be the first time you'll be in braces and you don't want to show them as much however just enjoy your treatment go crazy get colors :)

When I first got braces I was just like you I didn't want to show them off well I got over the hurdle the day I got them and I picked a color! Dark Blue!

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

mottsrods

#562 Post by mottsrods »

Actually Tim, this will be my third time in braces. But the first time I was in my early teens, i didn't drink much coffee or tea then, mostly water. Second time was when i was 18 for almost 5 years, same then, mostly water. But now in my old age, I can't live with out my coffee.......I still drink a good bit of water though.....and tea....I can't give up sweet tea.....(It's a southern thing)......

SDFD TSchott

#563 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Ahhh.. I see ummm then I can't be of any help sorry, wish I could be some sort of assistants.

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

turrrtlelove22

#564 Post by turrrtlelove22 »

Is it just me or does some colors in the powerchains seem thicker than others? I had hot pink and black before and the pink seemed to be thicker...I have silver now and it seems really thick...
LiFe iS A HoOt iF You arE aN oWL...O.o

Sept. 28 ~ Consult with Orthodontist
Dec. 5 ~ Spacers In
Dec. 12 ~ Braces On!!!

mottsrods

#565 Post by mottsrods »

I will be getting damon's, but he also told me I would need power chains at the second appt. and would need them to close a few gaps in the back, on the top and bottom. I have my wisdom teeth out when I was 18 after breaking my jaw, and even after almost 5 years of braces, the gaps around my molars have opened up..... but it makes for easy flossing right now...or until my b-day the the gaps get closed up.

zefirynka

#566 Post by zefirynka »

I've changed my mind and have yellow (it looked like orange ;) ) and sapphire. Really love it.

joynhrt

Colors are cool!!

#567 Post by joynhrt »

I have regular silver right now, but now after looking at all of your color combinations I can't wait to try something. My first adjustment is on Dec. 10. I am thinking about going with the standard red and green. If not, I will go with my favorite color, Purple!!

ilovemacs

#568 Post by ilovemacs »

Yay since I've got a picture now I can add!!

Top braces from day 1: Image

You can't really see the ligatures but they're black and pink! Sorry the pic is so bad it was taken with a webcam. :D

Next adjustment I may get baby pink (what I have now) and baby blue. I know someone from AW had this I saw it and really loved it! Sorry if I steal ligature ideas! I love them! Here at AW we are so creative with ligature colours!! :D

ETA-- The someone is zero! Shout out- I love that colour combo!!

bracesafter40

purple ligs

#569 Post by bracesafter40 »

It is time for purple; still not as bold...
http://bracesafter40.blogspot.com
Bridge Sectioned: Feb. 14, 2007
Last Pre-braces cleaning: Feb. 20, 2007
#21 Extraction: Feb. 20, 2007
Sentenced: 32 months
Top Braced: Feb 28, 2007
Bottom Braced: Apr. 4, 2007
New Ortho on Apr. 25, 2008
May 6; fluorescent blue ligs incl. upper powerchains. 2 elastics; Sept. 2, 2008.
Next Adj.: July 7, 2009 at 8:30a

luvbraces

#570 Post by luvbraces »

I'm going red and green this month. :D It's a bit silly, but I feel a bit cheerier when look at my braces since they're decked out for the holidays. :lol: