time between adjustments?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

acd

#16 Post by acd »

My adjustments have been between six and eight weeks apart. The time really does fly--I just passed the one year mark and have seen huge changes. For the first time in my life I actually have straight teeth and my only regret is that I did not do this sooner.

chocolategrad

#17 Post by chocolategrad »

I get my adjustments every 4 weeks. I am in grad school and want to take them off before I graduate in May of '08

Thathrill

#18 Post by Thathrill »

Its funny when people say that time flies by. I haven't been back here in a while due to my busy work/social life that has picked up. But when I logged in a couple days ago, I noticed I have had my braces for over 6 months already. Around this time next year, I will have invisalign. I can't wait LOL
Brace date: 5/2/2007
Debanding date: 1/14/2009
Ceramic Braces: 20 months
Currently in clear Essix retainers at night

My Blog: http://jjfan1.blogspot.com

Megan89

#19 Post by Megan89 »

My appointments are always 4 wks apart. For the first 2 appointments he just changed the ligs. The 3rd appointment I got elastic ties, and for my appointment today I got a spring coil, new elastic ties and a thicker archwire on the top.

mariahfromchicago

New ortho

#20 Post by mariahfromchicago »

Well, I had problems with my old ortho, now I'm not going to that orthodontist anymore. :)
The interval between appointments is about 5 weeks this time instead of 4 weeks! The new ortho is supposedly more modern, but I don't know what (s)he will think about the treatment that I have received. Maybe I need a totally new treatment plan and I will have to start at square one, again :(

I would not be happy about that. :evil:

But I'm excited and nervous about what the new ortho will say

- mariah :banana: