Another Poll: Brush teeth in shower?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

newguy

Another Poll: Brush teeth in shower?

#1 Post by newguy »

i do this in the morning. just seems natural to me. at first, my wife thought i was weird but then she started to do it too. lol.

mottsrods

#2 Post by mottsrods »

Now this is interesting........but i never thought it would be me......I don't exactly brush my teeth in the shower, but what i do is this!!!! I have a special shower head called "The Water Pik" that looks huge. It really puts out alot of water but in the realms of what the water authority calls for on limits of output. Anyways, i just smile at it and the strong streams of water really do a good job of cleaning and making my mouth feel fresh. I do brush my teeth though, several times a day. But this just struck me as funny.........thanks for the laugh.

Mott
Stick a fork In me.......I'm Done!

ilovemacs

#3 Post by ilovemacs »

I did that once before braces though. I now like a mirror while I brush so I can see what I'm doing. :D

newguy

#4 Post by newguy »

i have a mirror in the shower. :D

ilovemacs

#5 Post by ilovemacs »

clever! :D

SDFD TSchott

#6 Post by SDFD TSchott »

Before I got my electric toothbrush I was a shower kinda guy while getting clean I was in the shower brushing my teeth but then again that was before I got braces... After braces I went brush teeth first... shower and some times I actually brushed teeth first shower second brush teeth again after shower don't know why!

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

lionfish

#7 Post by lionfish »

I can't begin to think how I'd brush my teeth in the shower. :roll:

Lisa65

#8 Post by Lisa65 »

Nope never brushed teeth in the shower. My job doesn't lend itself to morning showers anyway as I'm a chef and usually come home stinking of fryer oil and onions :lol: so I have my shower in the early afternoon when I get home from work.

lilblackdress

#9 Post by lilblackdress »

Um, no. I don't do this, but when I was an undergrad, one of the girls on my floor did. Her reasoning was, the water is already running, so you may as well brush your teeth at the same time while you're in there.

I can't help but wonder where do you store your toothbrush, on the counter or in the shower?

mottsrods

#10 Post by mottsrods »

I don't know if the shower lends itself to helping with the gag reflex, or it's just a better place to puke if you do gag!!!!
Stick a fork In me.......I'm Done!

natalietracy

#11 Post by natalietracy »

I thought I was the only person that did this! I've done that for years because it just saves a lot of time and mess with getting toothpaste everywhere... Often though I will then brush later with my electric brush as my normal toothbrush doesn't do the best job.

acd

#12 Post by acd »

It never even dawned on me that this was an option until I read this thread.

mardziewall

#13 Post by mardziewall »

yes ive done that since i could brush my own teeth except sometimes i dont cause i forget to take my tooth brush with me into the shower
getting braces soon but have studdied alot about braces and know alot

HeadgearJoe

#14 Post by HeadgearJoe »

i do sometimes
braces off 1/31/08 wearing bonded retainers with a nightsplint, will get removable hawleys 2/21/08

FiatFan

#15 Post by FiatFan »

I've started doing this recently as the weather's turned wintery because now brushing takes a bit longer than it used to I'd rather stand under the warm shower whilst brushing than stand out in the cold by the sink!!