B-day is 12/11/2007

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lilfoot1112

B-day is 12/11/2007

#1 Post by lilfoot1112 »

:D I have to say I love this site. My B-day in 12/11/2007 and I was wonedering is there anyhting I should get for caring for my braces before hand :lol:? Or should I wait and see what my Ortho does? :D

Lala7603

#2 Post by Lala7603 »

i would say you could wait to see what your ortho gives you. and after having braces for a few days you can usually see what else you might need. for instance, i got a good amount of stuff from my ortho, but i ordered a few things from dentakit.com

Hope you have a good brace day.

SMIles
LALA
Braces On: November 21, 2003
Braces Off: December 17, 2004
Braces Back On: November 6, 2007
Braces Back Off: 2008

TexasAggie09

#3 Post by TexasAggie09 »

You might want to consider a regular dental cleaning before your B-day too, if you get a chance! Good luck with your braces!!

P.S.- your B-day is my B-day too... except in my case it's birthday!! :D

wiredgrin

The big B-day for lilifoot & wiredgrin is coming!

#4 Post by wiredgrin »

Say hey there,

Heres to the 11th being a great day. You must have spacers in too? I have 7 right now that have been less than a joy so I am told its a relief to get them out. What comes after that has me sweating bullets lately but the treatment manager says I will survive it if I can just get to the orthodontist that day in one (very nervous) piece! What kind of braces are you getting btw?

lilfoot1112

Re: The big B-day for lilifoot & wiredgrin is coming!

#5 Post by lilfoot1112 »

wiredgrin wrote:Say hey there,

Heres to the 11th being a great day. You must have spacers in too? I have 7 right now that have been less than a joy so I am told its a relief to get them out. What comes after that has me sweating bullets lately but the treatment manager says I will survive it if I can just get to the orthodontist that day in one (very nervous) piece! What kind of braces are you getting btw?
Oh yes can't want for the 11th :-)o we must party that day :banana: lol. I got really lucky with the spacers I had a dentist that was pull happy when I was a kid and he took out 5 out of 8 of my molars. so I got a lot of extara room back there :( , the ortho. did say I may get a spacer or 2 for 15 min the day get my braces on :shock:. I'm getting good old traditianal metal braces with colored 0 ringd 8). How about you? :HugeGrin:

wiredgrin

(Orthodontic) twins again are we? lol

#6 Post by wiredgrin »

Hey lilfoot, I hope all is well with you as we move ever closer to the big b-day. Thanks for the responsive support and party suggestions since we are counting down from six days until the long chair ride. My paperwork has fully banded stainless steel so looks like we will both be choosing some colors for our metal mouth equipment soon as well. I think our choice is pretty common but the treatment coordinator did ask me several time if I was okay with metal braces being placed both upper and lower. She showed me that hers were the ICE type on top and there is a very pronounced difference between those and her stainless steel lower braces. What do you think? I was also advised to be comfortable on the 11th so I wanted to pass that along to you too. I went through my records examination and had the spacers put in after work, so I had a tie on and she was concerned. I was reminded that my next visit may seem like an orthodontic marathon of sorts if I am not "comfortable": at least two hours! Did they mention anything like that to you?

lilfoot1112

Re: (Orthodontic) twins again are we? lol we sure are lol

#7 Post by lilfoot1112 »

wiredgrin wrote:Hey lilfoot, I hope all is well with you as we move ever closer to the big b-day. Thanks for the responsive support and party suggestions since we are counting down from six days until the long chair ride. My paperwork has fully banded stainless steel so looks like we will both be choosing some colors for our metal mouth equipment soon as well. I think our choice is pretty common but the treatment coordinator did ask me several time if I was okay with metal braces being placed both upper and lower. She showed me that hers were the ICE type on top and there is a very pronounced difference between those and her stainless steel lower braces. What do you think? I was also advised to be comfortable on the 11th so I wanted to pass that along to you too. I went through my records examination and had the spacers put in after work, so I had a tie on and she was concerned. I was reminded that my next visit may seem like an orthodontic marathon of sorts if I am not "comfortable": at least two hours! Did they mention anything like that to you?
We can be each others buddy if you want on this journey :?:
All is great here a little cold here we just had are first snow fall :) (very pretty). How are you? :D I've read that ice type of braces can hurt the enamel of your teeth when it time for them to come off :yikes: . ( not sure how true it is) :?: . I wasn't given a option for them. My opinion metal is better you don't have to watch what you eat and drink cause of the staining with ice type and they do break a little easyer then the metal one do, but I do have to say you got to go with what feeling better for you :thumbsup: . I can't wait to show my metal grin I'm a little wired like that :pinkbraces:. They didn't mention any thing about being comfortable Thank you for the tip on being comfortale. I was told to put on a lot of chap stick for that day cause are lips are going to get dry. Did they mention that to you :D . If you work that day can you bring a change of outfits with you in small gym bag the last thing you need is to be uncomfortable. :| I know it going to be a long day for the 2 of us. btw what time is you oppointment ? :-*
P.S. Have you been thinking what colors do you want first :?: lol. I can't seem to make of my mind on Purple, green or blue :-#) lol

I had my braces on for 3 years 4 months and 24 days that would be a grand total of 1220 days

wiredgrin

The buddy system, yes please!

#8 Post by wiredgrin »

Hello Lilfoot!

I would really appreciate having a buddy like you to go through the orthodontic journey with, thanks for asking and yes lets compare notes and support each other along the way. Do you realize how close we are getting now to the day we go in to get metalized? :shock: I guess you are more prepared than I am but this is our last weekend before it happens for both of us. Gulp! :wink: It is so fun to get the updates on Philly too, thanks. Rain here first of the season. I didnt want to miss work so I am set for a 2 o'clock appointment for our B-day. Are you still on board I hope? SOunds like it and I will get some balm too. Good idea. The treatment coordinator hinted the retractor we will be in tends to stretch you out during the procedure so you are smart to take chapstick! So, considering the time difference who gets to go first, you or me? Or maybe at the same time? This is going to be a blast buddy! :roll: Keep me posted, I like your other thread on here to so I want to respond to that one without boring you I hope.

Jendz

#9 Post by Jendz »

Hi Lilfoot,

My B-day is also 12/11, how exciting!! We'll have to compare our experiences. :D

lilfoot1112

#10 Post by lilfoot1112 »

Hey wiredgrin

:dance: Absolutely still on board :banana: Appointment set for 8:30am so I think I'm first I have off on are B-day :D. also I think that 5:30am CA time. Have you thought of taking any picturns before your appointment to mark that it going to be the last time your going to see your smile like that. I thought that it was a really good tip on this site :HugeGrin: . I know what you mean about it getting closer and closer I find when I'm brushing that this time next week we are going to have Metal there :). I'm really glad that we are going to be buddy on this don't feel so alone :mrgreen:. How the rain out there? We keep getting little snow shower here just dusting, but it's cold :?. I woneder if we'll go off in THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. THIS IS SPAM PLEASE REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATOR. :jokerlaugh: (only joking I know were not) :pinkbraces:, but I go off in them any way :-* 2 metal pins in my shoulder :BigGrin:. And remember nothing never ever boring to me. :-#)

it me posted
Michelle aka Lilfoot1112

I had my braces on for 3 years 4 months and 24 days that would be a grand total of 1220 days

lilfoot1112

#11 Post by lilfoot1112 »

Jendz wrote:Hi Lilfoot,

My B-day is also 12/11, how exciting!! We'll have to compare our experiences. :D
sound great now there are 3 of us :dance: :pinkbraces:

LateStarter

#12 Post by LateStarter »

Best of luck for your b-day. Mine's the 13th, so I'm only a little bit behind you :)

lilfoot1112

#13 Post by lilfoot1112 »

:pinkbraces: best of luck on you b-day to lateStarter were all with in the same week that so cool :banana:

iBorg

#14 Post by iBorg »

Best of luck to each of you as you start your journey. If you haven't yet, take some pictures before you're wired. Then when you get frustrated that you aren't making the progress you want to, look at your progress and be thrilled!

As for things to have prior to brace day, a sense of humor is a great thing to have. Do what you can to make this fun. Enjoy it! This is one of the few very personal things you'll ever be ale to do for yourself.

Mike
I wore braces (this time) for 1294 days or 3 years, 6 months and 17 days.
But who's counting?
Jaw Surgery June 1, 2009
Thanks for praying for me and thinking happy thoughts.

LateStarter

#15 Post by LateStarter »

Thanks, lilfoot1112, it's good to find people having their b-day at around the same time :)

And thanks to you, too, iBorg. I'll definitely take some pictures as I go through my treatment - after seeing others' pictures, I'm really keen to see how I progress as well!