After only 2 months...is this normal? Pictures included

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jordanna

After only 2 months...is this normal? Pictures included

#1 Post by jordanna »

I went in for my first adjustment and everyone was amazed at how much my teeth had moved. My orthodontist was even calling his assistants over to look in my mouth.

My Question is should I be concerned with how much my teeth have moved in two months? It seems fairly extreme?
:pinkbraces: Feel free to check out my braces blog by clicking on WWW icon below - I'd love to have you drop by! :pinkbraces:

chillin-in-grilz

#2 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

Mine moved pretty fast in the first few months
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

Miss Smiley

#3 Post by Miss Smiley »

There may also be times where your teeth don't seem to be moving. But they look great!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

Clo

#4 Post by Clo »

Hi,

compare in the lower pics this part of the teeth where the roots begin. Just there
where they enter the gum (palatal side). See ? Not much difference to see there.
Your teeth did not move a lot. They tilted a lot. But in your case that is good. The
roots probably form already a nice arch. The tipping now makes that also all the
crowns form a much better arch. Tipping is much easier that actual moving a whole
tooth, hence this rapid improvement. But you're right, it is indeed very inspirational
to see. What an awesome improvement you experienced !

AliKat

#5 Post by AliKat »

Hi, your teeth look really good for only having them 2 months!! :D

Is your TPA the same as an expander?? Im getting one fitted after Xmas so not looking forward to it!!

timewaster

#6 Post by timewaster »

Lucky! I have very similar crowding on my top teeth, have been in braces for 3 months, and my teeth are still very visibly crooked! As long as your ortho is not concerned about the movement, you should be happy!

danish

#7 Post by danish »

looks as if your treatment time is going to be a short one if the movement continues. Well done :thumbsup:

I hope that mine will move as fast also. Going OK so far but not comparable to your case. Check my pics.

Danish
metal braces on: 4 Oct 2007
Tx for: crowding
debonded on: 24 Jun 2009

total treatment time: 629 days

my journey ==> http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=

jordanna

#8 Post by jordanna »

Thanks for all the feedback - I guess I have nothing to worry about!

2 months down - 28 to go!
:pinkbraces: Feel free to check out my braces blog by clicking on WWW icon below - I'd love to have you drop by! :pinkbraces:

MikeCordell

#9 Post by MikeCordell »

I had some pretty badly misplaced and misaligned teeth starting off. They were barely able to get my upper canines into the arch wire and a bicuspid on the right side had to be tied in, the wire couldn't even reach it. Within about 2 months my teeth looked somewhat "normal" and I couldn't believe the movement.