New comer!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jaws2

New comer!

#1 Post by Jaws2 »

Hello all!
I wonder if anyone can give me some advice/help. I'm due to be having my braces fitted on feb 29th, this has annoyed me slightly as I wanted to get on with it much sooner than that. Does anyone think I should keep ringing my ortho to see if I can get an early date or should I just accept it? I'm quite excited by the prospect of having them (braces) just because of some of the fantastic results I have seen but I am quite apprehensive about having braces. Can anyone give me some tips, points etc that will help me on my 18-24 month journey of life in braces.
THANKS!!

ekin

#2 Post by ekin »

Welcome Jaws

I was braced four days ago. I'm finding the best advice is to swish with salt water. I do it a couple times a day and I'm on day four and not one sore. Try to relax on brace day. It takes time to get used to the brackets, but I'm finding each day I'm a little more accustomed to them.

I agree with KK, I would let them know you were available for a cancellation list.
Emily

Jaws2

#3 Post by Jaws2 »

Thanks for the advice! I will certainly do what you both suggest and hopefully a I will get an earlier appointment and b I won't have many problems when they are fitted!!!