Should i go to the ortho?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

newmetal

Should i go to the ortho?

#1 Post by newmetal »

As ive said in a previous post, after a year and a bit in braces im back to the first wires which we all know are weaker and bend easily. Yesterday i was eating dinner and the wire has popped out at the back. Do i need to pay a visit to the ortho? My next adjustment is in five weeks time.

Many Thanks
Newmetal

regulering17

#2 Post by regulering17 »

defenetely call your ortho now!
Braces on: March 6th 2007
Both upper and lower metals
Been in braces for: 1 year 15 days
Next adjustment: Feb. 28th- 08
my braces log: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... ht=#227971

newmetal

#3 Post by newmetal »

I was thinking of just going in on monday when they are next open? Will having the loose wire affect the treatment majorly?

Many Thanks

Newmtal

Lisa65

#4 Post by Lisa65 »

if it's a thin wire, can you get it back in with a pair of tweezers?

If not, leaving it till Monday won't hurt. Put a piece of wax over if it is stabbing you.

chillin-in-grilz

#5 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

I had the wire poked out several times. i just went to the ortho then they clipped it and put it back into place
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

osubeanbags

#6 Post by osubeanbags »

Yeah, good advice - if it's possible, pop it back in yourself ... if not, head to the ortho as soon as possible =)
GO BUCKS!

newmetal

#7 Post by newmetal »

Cheers for all the responses. Used a tweezer the other day to pop the wire back into place but then a day later a wire on the top arch became loose and i can't manage to pop it back in. I've decided i will pop into the ortho on wednesday.

Once again, thanks for the responses.

Newmetal

SDFD TSchott

#8 Post by SDFD TSchott »

This is a response to the other post you made about the lig staining:

"When you pop into the orthos office you can ask them about changing your ligs."

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

newmetal

#9 Post by newmetal »

Yea im considering doing that...but in doing that, would i affect his work and planned treatment for my teeth? Also, do you reckon the ortho would get peeved if i asked that? See i don't understand the result of intefering with ligs so i don't know how much of a favour i am asking the ortho to do if you catch my drift.

Cheers

LateStarter

#10 Post by LateStarter »

Oh, I read your other thread before this one :)

I can't imagine that you're asking too much to get your ligs changed (based on my experience that I wrote about in my reply to your other thread), but as Meryaten said, your ortho will tell you if it's not a good idea. There's nothing to lose by asking :)