So where is everyone from, how old and braces?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Chris1960

#211 Post by Chris1960 »

bracesafter40 wrote:
Male (47). Florida. I'm rockin' some shiny lower grillz that I just love. (note sarcasm). Once the bottoms straighten up I'll get Invisiligns on top. Or I'll have all my teeth removed and go for dentures. Which at this point is beginning to sound attractive.
don't be nervous about ur age :-); I'm 42. what is up with invisalign?
I went to my daughter's ortho on a whim thinking I'd finally get my teeth fixed if I could go with Invisaligns only. It turns out that my lowers are too messed up so they require metal brackets. He told me I'd only need 9-months on the bottom (we'll see). So I went for it. I really have only sketchy info on what my plan is. I suppose I should ask more questions.

braces38

#212 Post by braces38 »

38 yrs old from Pennsylvania.In braces 7 months now.

kaycee

#213 Post by kaycee »

47 years old from Vermont (US). In braces since January 2007, looking forward to jaw surgery this spring.

maryrn

#214 Post by maryrn »

Hi everyone - I'm probably one of the oldest with braces - age 60 and living in Phoenix AZ. I've had my braces on for 18 months and look forward to getting them off in about 4 months. Believe me this has been quite the change for me but all worth it.

mookie

#215 Post by mookie »

Hi everyone!

This is my first post. I am 28 and live in South Carolina, USA. I began the process in April withgetting all composite fillings to replace my old ones. I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled at the same time-ouch.

Anywhoo, I got my ceramic braces this past Monday Dec 10th. I love them- the pain is there but not unbearable.

I have been lurking for almost a month now but this site's information has been invaluable! Every time I had a question or concern- I found my answer by doing a simple search.

thanks!
mookie

trident58

#216 Post by trident58 »

Male. 41 yrs old. Granada Hills, Ca. USA. Got braces for the first time on 12/14/07.

jinxed

#217 Post by jinxed »

I'm 18, female, from leeds, england.
Got my braces on on 28/2/2007, hopefully they should be off around sept 08!

WomanInWires

#218 Post by WomanInWires »

31, female, Lancashire, UK, Fixed braces upper & lower

Beckalicious

Happy Holidays!

#219 Post by Beckalicious »

I'm a 25 female from Northern Virginia (the Metro Washington, D.C.) area. I'm waiting to have my first consultation Jan. 2nd and my 3rd consultation Feb. 21st. I'm ready to get my teeth straightened and not have to be embarassed my horrific smile as I should have let my parents make me get braces when I was 7 as I was told. Happy Holidays everyone. I'll be thinking of you all who aren't able to eat their holiday favorites as I'll be waiting anxiously to be on my way to a better smile.

LuvBug26

#220 Post by LuvBug26 »

26, female, south central hick town....B.K.A Arkansas.....first time braces wearer...had them on for 8 months now and sentenced to a total of 2 years with hawley retainers after that.......making great progress though!! :D

"To error is human, to forgive is divine."

user

#221 Post by user »

25 yr old girl from UK.

I have white ceramics on the front teeth and damons on the back.

I also wearing two elastics (and a third at night). I managed to snap the front one when I yawned the other day, lol ouch.

Open bite is closing now, when I smile you see top teeth instead of bottom teeth, woohoo.

Mart

Re: So where is everyone from, how old and braces?

#222 Post by Mart »

I'm 23 years old and I'm from Cheltenham which is in Gloucestershire, UK. I have fixed braces upper and lower, I usually go for the lilac coloured ligs (very manly i know..) and I've been in braces nearly 4 years now! (can anyone beat that?) In that time i've had 6 teeth removed and also had surgery to remover some excess gum from between my front two teeth. Still require surgery on upper and lower (underbite) so expect to be in braces for at least another year... yikes!

Mart.

GRILLZ

#223 Post by GRILLZ »

i'm from Plano, texas! 53 years old, first time in braces....getting braced in 10 days....for 18 months or so they say...open bite, badly worn teeth will need a number of crowns after braces.....

AbbsMT

#224 Post by AbbsMT »

13, Australia and first time with braces

metalliKa

#225 Post by metalliKa »

I live in Hawaii and I got traditional metal braces in March of this year, three months before my 45th bday.
Offenses: Skeletal and Dental Class 2 malocclusion
Sentence: 12-15 months
Jailed: 3/24/15
Released: 5/24/16
Life behind brackets: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=48554