One week left and my excitement was stolen- BUT IT CAME BACK

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lionfish

#16 Post by lionfish »

Very impressive, greencapt. Love the pun.

greencapt

Yeah!!!

#17 Post by greencapt »

I'll cross-post here with the Naked Tooth section but...

WHOO-HOOOO!!!!!

MY TEETH ARE NAKED!!!!!

It feels GREAT! I'll go back for my retainer this afternoon. :-88

Lisa65

#18 Post by Lisa65 »

greencapt :shock: they look absolutely fabulous. I've never looked at any of your pics before and I had no idea you had experienced such dramatic change.

Enjoy your new smile. :D

ilovemacs

#19 Post by ilovemacs »

Wow!! :shock: Amazing!!

nogota

#20 Post by nogota »

Whoa. That's so impressive! Congrats on your awesome smile!!

momof2grlz

#21 Post by momof2grlz »

All I can say is WOW! What a terrific change! Enjoy your new smile.

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

newguy

#22 Post by newguy »

that's just awesome. we're all very excited for you and i'm encouraged by your progress.

danish

#23 Post by danish »

I second to that... WOW! I hope that you are going to sort out the implant issue. Impossible is nothing! :thumbsup:

Danish

mstikl1

#24 Post by mstikl1 »

WOW :)
Your teeth look so great!
I can't wait til mine braces come off and I get to have my slippery teeth back & eat without looking like Nessie dangling sea-weed from her mouth!
Time to enjoy your teeth, guy, and make no decisions under pressure.
Wow #2 - what kind of jerk gives you such pressure?
I don't know about you, but I'm paying out of pocket for my braces, and it ain't cheap! I too am facing one molar space to be filled, and the replacement of upper left 2nd incisor - yup, right up front! - that the ortho says I'll have to see a dentist to fix. He too is recommending an implant, but I'm broke.
And you with a small baby....
I think that the issue of $$$ money may be hitting you harder because of the "traditional" contribution of bringing in the bacon with men's identity. Attacking your ability to just pull another several thousand out of your back pocket is almost a personal attack....
Here I go, getting all therapist on ya!
Hang in there, and get that flipper until you decide what you want, what you need, and what will make you happiest in the long run - that's what you deserve! No harm in taking your time to save up the money; technology might just invent a cheaper, better alternative in the interim!
Best of luck - and WOW! What a kisser!

kittymeow84

#25 Post by kittymeow84 »

Holy moly that's a MASSIVE change. Beautiful teeth you got there! :D

ACoach78

#26 Post by ACoach78 »

Hey, I don't know if you've surfed across this site or not...

www.dental-implants.com

This guy is in Boca Raton, FL (I noticed that you were from FL). After reading through his website he seems like a guy who's in the business to help people - not take them for every penny.

I, too, am going to need to do something for a molar that I had taken out several years ago because of severe decay. It was either that or a root canal...while I would've been willing to do the root canal...I didn't have the money, of course.

Then, I have another that is missing, too. Even though I just got braces on, I'm thinking about the future and doing my homework. I'm not in Florida, but this guy seems to be quite an expert...so, I'm going to contact him and start communicating to get an idea of what it will cost me for two implants.

I could get a bridge in the front, but I just don't like the idea of destroying the structural integrity of two good teeth to put in a bridge. I'd rather do what I did in terms of getting braces - just start penny pinching as much as I can for the next two-three years or even start paying in advance, I suppose would be a possibility.

Also, Capital One offers dental financing. You might even be able to just take out a personal loan to get the work done that you need.

Best of luck! I wish you well and feel your pain in terms of the financial burden. Take care!

browneyedgrl

#27 Post by browneyedgrl »

Your teeth came out great!!!!
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

bracedintx

#28 Post by bracedintx »

WOW Greencapt

You have a sensational new smile!! It sounds like you've done your homework on the implants and flippers so you have no reason to feel bad about prioritising while money is tight. It's a solution that works for you. Congrats on the debanding!!
self-ligating metal brackets all around

dubnobass

#29 Post by dubnobass »

Holy cow, that's amazing!
You must be thrilled to itty bitty bits :lol:
Braced May 2005
Bimaxillary surgery Aug 2007
Debraced Jun 2008