Going for the gold! I just got my braces and went all GOLD!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

juliejewels

Going for the gold! I just got my braces and went all GOLD!

#1 Post by juliejewels »

Well, they are finally on! Got them this morning at 9:00am.

I am so excited. I was scheduled for clear on top and metal on bottom.

But when I saw my tech's beautiful platinum/gold braces and how "invisible" they looked, I decided to go for it and got platinum/gold on upper and lower. My boyfriend has not seen them yet, I cannot wait to see his reaction. ( he has clear/silver when he was 37 - 4 years ago.). I will have to post pics.

I was really self-conscious that I was going to have silver/ clear. I am a "matchy- matchy " person, so I am thrilled that I now have matching top and bottom.

They look really cool and I cannot wait to begin to see how my teeth shift.
I am a middle school teacher, so the gold sets me apart a little. All the kids are fascinated that Ms. K got braces.

Now my biggest dillema is : do I change my hair color??? a really dark brunette and think I may ned some blonde highlights to pull the whole look together.

Pain has not really set in, I can feel it coming though. I tried to eat /suck on a hershey' s kiss... it feels strange to have something in my mouth right now. like I don't want to mess up my beautiful braces...

Yeah... this is a mile stone for me. whoo- hoo.

MissDiana

#2 Post by MissDiana »

Welcome, and hurry and post pics! :)
Braces on 4/4/07 -
Braces off 3/31/08!

Spanner

#3 Post by Spanner »

Congrats at getting braced today.

My ortho showed me some gold ones and they did look really nice. I'm not sure what I'm having yet because they do a very large range and it also depends on what he recommends for me after he's taken x-rays and moulds etc.

Good luck with your journey.

KathyC

#4 Post by KathyC »

Hi and welcome! Wow, all gold - I can't wait to see the pics. One of the Orthodontists at the office where I go has gold and they look great! You will probably have a little pain but hopefully it won't be that bad. My braces were put on October 29th so I haven't had mine long. I took Advil at first and it really helped but I really didn't have any problems. The worst part is the feeling of them in your mouth but you will get used to that.

KathyC

Lisa65

#5 Post by Lisa65 »

They sound really cool! Gennel, a member here, had gold braces and they looked really nice.

Maybe some gold-y highlights in the hair would pull the new look together, and of course some nice gold earrings for Christmas from Mr Juliejewels :lol:

jennielee81

#6 Post by jennielee81 »

The clerk at the shoe store I shop at frequently has gold brackets.

When I still had my braces, she and I would chat about having braces and hers were REALLY COOL!!

She has cocoa-latte colored skin and the whitest teeth. Those gold brackets were really pretty!!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

goldmetal

#7 Post by goldmetal »

I have gold brackets on bottom. I've had them for a year. I still get compliments on them. Got one today, as a matter of fact! :wink:
Braces on 12/19/06
Treatment time: 24 months

mottsrods

#8 Post by mottsrods »

Welcome Julie,

I too had gold braces for almost 5 years starting in '93. I was the only person I new who had gold then. It was a shocker for alot of people. But I had just had a bad accident, several surgeries, and I needed a pick me up, so i got the gold ones. I also had waist length dark brown hair and it was very curly........afro almost. My nickname was BOZO.......

Anyways, you will want to use a tooth'paste', not a gel or anything with the little pumice whitening things in them. I say this from experience. After a bit of time, the gels and others will cause the gold to come off of the brackets making them silver.....I had to have a bunch replaced throughout my treatment and just say this to you as a warning...

Good Luck and let me or any of us here at AW know if you have any problems. Start you a blog story line so you can see your progress.

Mott

cally

#9 Post by cally »

I have the same combo as you do. Have gold ligs on the gold brackets, even. It looks really nice, IMO and yes, they become almost invisible.

ENJOY!