I'm obsessing

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

alfie

I'm obsessing

#1 Post by alfie »

I think I'm obsessing over my braces. I got them in on 12/12 and since then I've been closely monitoring the movement. Sadly, I have not noticed any.

You might say to yourself "that's not obsessing!".

Well, I take pictures of my teeth and, in Photoshop, I zoom in, measure and examine them like a CSI scene.

I might not be as obsessive if I noticed movement. Agh! Where's my progress???

badbite

#2 Post by badbite »

I do not have my braces on yet. I know I will be the same way. I am having SARPE in Jan, and I know I will be watching EVERY day to see the changes!

Maybe tomorrow you'll see changes!

nogota

#3 Post by nogota »

Hey,
I completely obsess too. I know I won't see any signficant change until I get a tooth extracted, but none the less, I stare at my teeth in the mirror every morning and every night.

Just hold tight, change will happen, even if the waiting is miserable.

Lisa65

#4 Post by Lisa65 »

I still do the Photoshop and zoom thing sometimes, and I've had my braces 18 months :oops:

BobKitten

#5 Post by BobKitten »

yeah.... i'm a big teeth-starer too :oops:

my most embarrassing thing that MrBobKitten picks up on is my tendency to use Photobooth to keep snapping pics of me with my fingers pulling my lips back to see the teeth right from the roots! heh... i did try to be cool... for a few months, but nearly eighteen months in, it's only got worse!

wait 'til you see the changes starting to happen....! CSI will have *nothing* on you! :wink:

Miss Smiley

#6 Post by Miss Smiley »

I use PS to examine my teeth too... I also measure my gaps by proxabrush every time I brush. I also check my clear ligs after an adjustment to make sure that all of my ligs are the same clear. One time I noticed that 3 of them were a different brand of clear thus not all the same clear. The assistants thought it was weird I caught it, but did not give me grief and changed them out. It bothers me when I get a tiny speck of finely ground pepper or cocoa powder stuck between my lig and the bracket wing... Am I obsessive? Perhaps, but to each his own with oral hygiene and progress!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

HIMgurl

#7 Post by HIMgurl »

wow! I can tell this is how I am going to be. Don't have my braces yet but am always looking for shifting teeth. We are normal guys! Lol

Pepper

#8 Post by Pepper »

Haha, I do that too. :P

Traceymay

#9 Post by Traceymay »

me too :lol: I thought it was just me. I keep looking at a photo taken before braces and how they are now.

Last night I even got the Photo out to show my stepson my progress pointing out each individual tooth :oops:

Happy Christmas - Traceymayx

smile2006

#10 Post by smile2006 »

I have my braces off now and I've been asking Mr. Smile2006 to take periodic photos so I can be assured nothing has moved.....In some ways I feel more obsessed now that they are off, YIKES :D

acd

#11 Post by acd »

Alfie,
Take lots of pictures and don't compare yesterday with today but compare today with last month or two months ago and you'll be amazed at the progress. It's one of those you can't see the forest from the trees kind of things. Good luck with your treatment.

mookie

#12 Post by mookie »

I must admit- I got my braces on 12/10. I was semi-obsessed before I got them but NOW, it is pitiful. I critique everyone's mouth especially my own. I notice braces on all people including a random background person in a movie or tv show. My husband thinks it is hilararious. :oops:

And I stare at my teeth in my visor mirror in my car at many traffic lights- or waiting for the train to pass. I just stare at my teeth :roll:

And to comment on my progress- my teeth look worse that before because my spring is pushing things all kind of ways. My friend irl has braces and say thats its normal for things to look a bit worse before you see improvements. :?: Hope she's right.

AliKat

#13 Post by AliKat »

I look at my braces constantly, got a mirror I carry everywhere with me!!!! :D

BobKitten

#14 Post by BobKitten »

have to say... i think this is my favourite all-time thread!