Newbie-Round two on metal braces...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Skates

Newbie-Round two on metal braces...

#1 Post by Skates »

When I had braces back some 20 odd years ago I never thought I would have them again...oh,Hi, they call me Skates other places and now I have settled in here.

Just got braces a little over a month ago. Four days ago I got fitted with a quad helix and well...I came here looking for advice and I found all of you. HI!

I look forward to getting to know all of you and according to my ortho-16 months to go.

Skates

ilovemacs

#2 Post by ilovemacs »

Image Skates to the Archwired.com community!! You certainly will get great advice here! If you want you can document your orthodontic journey in the Braces Diary Forum!

Skates

#3 Post by Skates »

Thanks ilovemacs...I might. I'm currently doing the visiting the parents thing for Christmas...which stinks when you're looking for certain ortho things that you can only find at home....

Cut my tongue on the dang helix...Orajel is my friend!

Also, as a moderator on other boards, I read about what happened with one of your longtime members. That stinks, but the important thing is that it was taken care of. You can't be too careful on the net. Sad but true.

Nice to meet you!

Skates

HIMgurl

#4 Post by HIMgurl »

Welcome the AW family Skates! Perphaps on your next out of town trip pack a dental bag to take with you. I don't have my braces yet but I plan on take my dentalkit with me everywhere!