Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

phae

#586 Post by phae »

Here are my first lig colors, applied on Wednesday:

Dark red top, black bottom.

I wanted purple on the top, but they had a somewhat disappointing selection of purples, so dark red it was. They had a nice metaillic navy blue, so maybe next time I'll go with that. I really like the black on the bottom.

LuvBug26

#587 Post by LuvBug26 »

I like the silver and pink lig colors!!! I might have to try those next time!! I have clear brackets on top so i wonder will the silver look okay on those :?:

I have red on right now and my next adj. is in two weeks so i think i'll go with something non-holidayish! :wink:
Maybe some yellow or hot pink again!! It's always a surprise! :lol:

"To error is human, to forgive is divine."

Miss Smiley

#588 Post by Miss Smiley »

LuvBug, I have a pic in the earlier pics of my braces story if you want to see silver ligs with clear brackets. You can go to my WWW link below.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

LuvBug26

#589 Post by LuvBug26 »

MS
Did the silver chains fade at all? I don't drink coffee and I'm not a bug curry eater..other than tea that's the only semi-staining liquid i drink. And for the light pink..i think i'll go purple instead of the pink b/c the last time i got the light pink it faded waaaay to fast!!! I like the silver though!! I'm probably going to be put in power chains on my uppers on my next visit to start closing up some gaps so i might try the silver chains on top and maybe purple on bottom.....what do ya think?!?! :)

Miss Smiley

#590 Post by Miss Smiley »

Surprisingly, the silver lasted me through colorful meals, including curries and cajun. I didn't notice any fading but there little to no discoloration. On the day the ortho assistant took them off, she complimented how nice they still looked and had a couple of the other girls come by and look too.

LuvBug26

#591 Post by LuvBug26 »

well then maybe i'll try for the silver! i like the silver and purple idea :)

browneyedgrl

#592 Post by browneyedgrl »

Hi Ms Smiley,

I looked at the silver ligs and they look great. I'm getting ceramic uppers and I'm a coffee and iced tea drinker. Do you feel that silver has been the best color so far? What about smoke and pearl?

Thanks,
Browneyedgrl
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

Miss Smiley

#593 Post by Miss Smiley »

I liked the smoke for my lowers, I noticed that they would turn green instead of yellow from curry. I'm not much of a coffee drinker but I noticed that teas and smoke ligs work well together.

LuvBug26

#594 Post by LuvBug26 »

I chickend out on the silver colors....i tried one on my upper clear bracket and it wasn't as appealing as i thought....so i went with teal!
i'll end up getting the silvers one day i'm sure!!! :)

Lala7603

#595 Post by Lala7603 »

i need some help on deciding which color(S) to get on my adjustment in a week.

my first time in braces i had clear, glow in the dark pink, fuchsia, and light blue.

so far this time i have had clear, and red and green for christmas.

before my time in braces is up this time i want to try these colors

-black and pink
-purple (maybe with 2 different tones)
-some sort of pretty blue
-Pink and light pink
-AND maybe for my last choice, i would do rainbow

so i really cant decide. i know that i would like to have maybe pink for v-day....but should i get JUST pink...or get some alternating sort of thing.

any suggestions anyone???

SMiles
LALA
Braces On: November 21, 2003
Braces Off: December 17, 2004
Braces Back On: November 6, 2007
Braces Back Off: 2008

SnowSara

#596 Post by SnowSara »

I got red last month, it's a nice, deep maroon red and I'm really really pleased with how they are doing with coffee stains. I also am surprised at how well the red "blends" in, kind of matches my gums and lips. Wish I had done it sooner!
I had purple & black last time and the purple lasted a long time but eventually turned grungy. The black of course had no change whatsoever!

I find out at my next adjustment whether they are ready to come off, and if that's the case I'm either going rainbow for my last adjustment, or a blend of pink and red for v-day! LALA - try alternating warm colors together, like pink & red or pink & orange! I wanted to do a mix of cool colors like purple and blue but never got around to it :(

All Metal Uppers and Lowers - brackets placed with OrthoCAD

Braces on 2/1/2007, Removed 2/13/2008, now in Essix retainers.

dagwoman

#597 Post by dagwoman »

Wow, SnowSara, your braces and teeth look fantastic! How long till you get the braces off?

LuvBug26

#598 Post by LuvBug26 »

No kidding!! I hope my teeth look that good when my braces come off!!!! :D

XCrun&ride

#599 Post by XCrun&ride »

I've only had one adjustment, and I've had the same color since I got them on. (I got the same color for the adjustment). I don't have a picture, but it's a blue-purple ish color... :D

mariahfromchicago

#600 Post by mariahfromchicago »

Am I the only one here with metal braces but doesn't chose colours (colors)??? :lol:

Wow! I am so boring compared to you guys...
I always chose clear and you know what... twice, my friends forgot that I even had braces... :lol:
- mariah