Why do you have to get braces/other appliances? COME ON!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Miss Smiley

#16 Post by Miss Smiley »

Very slight open bite, upper and lower protrusion, crowding, and molar relationship way off.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

Lozzie83

#17 Post by Lozzie83 »

Crowding, overbite and top centre line is way off

Devushka

#18 Post by Devushka »

Well, what won't be fixed is my 80% overbite. I don't think invisalign will help at all with that(though I have read blogs where overbite has been helped with invisalign without the elastics). Maybe it will even make it worse.

What will(hopefully!):
1) Large diastama between my two front teeth(Main reason for any treatment at all. The other problems don't really bother me)
2)Two front incisors will be pushed up as they are larger by far than my other teeth.
3)Small gap on top between premolar and canine on my right side and small gap between canine and premolar on the bottom left and right(I am like a freakin' primate of the non hominid variety!)
4)Midline is off on bottom teeth by half a tooth.
5)second incisor on top right is slightly behind where it should be.

Thank goodness all my teeth are straight(or nearly) or else I would be in them forever!

Lala7603

#19 Post by Lala7603 »

The first time it was due to

crowding(mostly lower)
overbite

now the 2nd time its due to some minor relapse. mostly a few teeth wanting to go back to their crowded position. im not having that so here i am again!

SMiles
LALA

Kbraced

#20 Post by Kbraced »

My problem was too much spacing. Now I'm 8 months in and powerchained galore, my smile is looking a lot better already.

PARR

#21 Post by PARR »

crowding, before the wisdoms came out, misalignment, slight bite issues

Chris1960

#22 Post by Chris1960 »

Crowding lower
Misaligned upper midline due to an extracted bicuspid from 30 years ago.
Brackets off 6/5/08
Invisaligns on 7/28/08
(7 Week delay)
21 of 23 U&L (Skipped a tray/On a 10 day rotation)

Class II subdivision right
Moderate upper/lower crowding
Partial anterior crossbite
Normal overbite/overjet
Sentence: 18-20 months

ngbraces

#23 Post by ngbraces »

Crowding - Overbite - Overjet - Wonky lateral incisor
Full Metal Mouth

crazybeautiful

#24 Post by crazybeautiful »

Underbite, very narrow upper arch, [leading to] crowding, slight open bite after SARPE, wonky midline, bit on TMJ, and maybe a bit of a crossbite too. I'd say I've got everything but an overbite/jet :lol:

Way Too Old For This

#25 Post by Way Too Old For This »

Ugly teeth.

Thats what prompted me to get my teeth straightened, nothing causing any pain except when I looked at pictures of me smiling.

Don't know the official terms, but they were crooked and had spaces but the worst part was a baby tooth (canine) that was getting ready to kick the bucket....so I had the one that was stuck in my palate exposed and brought over to where it belongs.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

CactusZAF

#26 Post by CactusZAF »

Class II bite,really deep bite, slight overjet, really narrow arches, crowding (particularly in lower incisors), oh and a nice little crossbite on my left premolars.

XCrun&ride

#27 Post by XCrun&ride »

Severe overbite, mild overjet, mild spacing, and my midline's off, although my ortho never mentioned that :? I also think I have a bit of crowding on the bottom, because I've noticed that one tooth is a bit turned...

Tin Indian

#28 Post by Tin Indian »

I noticed my my bottom teeth were starting to wear unevenly and headaches were becoming more frequent and more painful. Plus I just DIDN'T like the way my teeth looked.
Braces on 9/01/2006- Braces off 4/14/08