Moved, new ortho appointment Jan 7

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Phil098342wq

Moved, new ortho appointment Jan 7

#1 Post by Phil098342wq »

Okay so I lost my job and missed two payments at my last orthodonist, had to cancel my last appointment prior to relocating to San Antonio Texas. Saw a new dentist, who I really like. Refered me to a new ortho, who did have an opening for 3 weeks, Jan 7th. He wants to remove the braces and start over. I am really pissed!

I can't say why I am so upset, I guess it is fear of having to lengthen my time in braces, yet I am really surprised at how well I have come in 6 months. How much anger do I vent when I see the new ortho? Do I demand to have things my way such as not being in an extra six months because I had to move? Do I refuse to pay to have the braces removed, after all I am a student and jobless. I have already paid out sooo much money.

Anyone else been in this type of postion?
[/url]

HIMgurl

#2 Post by HIMgurl »

I haven't been in that position but definitely do not go to the ortho angry. Did your new ortho say why he wanted to remove your braces? It could be that he uses one type of braces over another (ie Damon 3 vs ceramics). And simply wishes to place you in what he is use to working with. Ask him before anything is removed. Also ask about your treatment length now and payment options. Good luck with your treatment.
I have just completed my treatment!!

Phil098342wq

Never saw it that way

#3 Post by Phil098342wq »

It could be that he uses one type of braces over another (ie Damon 3 vs ceramics). And simply wishes to place you in what he is use to working with.
I never saw it that way before. It truly helps to reframe it that way. Thanks
[/url]

Betty Bat

#4 Post by Betty Bat »

This might also be a good reason to get another consultation, if you can. If one dentist works with one type of braces and another works with another type of braces, you might be able to find a match for the kind that you have.

Good luck.