Braces Polls: Thinking of moving them here. Your opinion?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Should the monthly ArchWired Braces Poll be moved here to the message board?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:34 am

Yes
94%
No
3%
Not sure/no opinion
3%

Total votes: 32

bbsadmin

Braces Polls: Thinking of moving them here. Your opinion?

#1 Post by bbsadmin »

For the coming year, I was thinking about moving the monthly Braces Polls from the main ArchWired website to here on the message board. I think more people would respond if the polls were here instead.

What do you guys think of that idea?

And...since I've done these polls for several years, I'm starting to run out of ideas! So, if you have any new ideas for questions, that would be great!

FYI, here is the archive of past polls, so you can see what questions we asked in past years:

http://www.archwired.com/Polls_Leadin.htm

BTW, I want you to know the reason why I long ago decided against letting anyone else create polls. On other message boards, I have seen poll creation run totally amuk. On those other message boards, members were creating polls for every little thing and it really got out of hand. I'm just trying to prevent that from happening on this board.
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

danish

#2 Post by danish »

that's a brilliant idea. I only check the Metal Mouth Forum and hardly never the archwired main site (didn't know that it was updated!? :oops: ).

Danish :wink:
metal braces on: 4 Oct 2007
Tx for: crowding
debonded on: 24 Jun 2009

total treatment time: 629 days

my journey ==> http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=

bbsadmin

#3 Post by bbsadmin »

Don't feel too bad about that. It is typical, once a person has perused the main website, to basically hang out only on the message board. That is true not only for this website, but other sites!
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!

Lisa65

#4 Post by Lisa65 »

Seems like a good idea to have them here Lynn. I never check the main AW site either :oops:

ilovemacs

#5 Post by ilovemacs »

I check the main AW site, at least once a month. I do it at the beginning of the month when it's usually updated!! :D

Spanner

#6 Post by Spanner »

Sounds like a good idea. I only go back to the main AW site when I need to look for more information.

SinOnYourLips

#7 Post by SinOnYourLips »

Another yes over here!

Estimated Treatment Time: 12 months to life

HIMgurl

#8 Post by HIMgurl »

That's an awesome idea Lynn! I hardly ever visit the main aw site. :oops:
I have just completed my treatment!!

mottsrods

#9 Post by mottsrods »

I agree Lynn, they would get more responses on here. Can't wait to see some new polls.

Mott
Stick a fork In me.......I'm Done!

skintz

#10 Post by skintz »

Hey lynne, well, the only way i get to the message boards is through the main site-i must be in a minority! I was just thinking, if you do move them over here would it be worth putting them in a section of their own rather than within metal mouth forum? Possibly in the Archwired Community section? Some people may be more active in other forums and not necessarily come into this one so you would miss their vote? Just an idea... :)

Oh and, Happy New Year!

bbsadmin

#11 Post by bbsadmin »

Yes, I'm thinking that I'll actually create a forum for the polls and put a link to it on the main site.

I haven't updated AW yet (sorry, but I'm having a post-holiday laziness attack). Anyone have an idea for a good poll question? I've repeated some questions as the years have gone on, but it's always good to get new ideas. I've sorta run out of fresh ideas after doing it for 5 straight years!

mottsrods

#12 Post by mottsrods »

Lynn,

Brad raised a good one that is getting some attention. How about the first one being about.........."Has your romantic life gotten better with braces"? Or not?

I know my answer already.........

Mott
Stick a fork In me.......I'm Done!

newmetal

#13 Post by newmetal »

That's a gret idea! I'll look forward to the next poll.

Newmetal

4113n

#14 Post by 4113n »

good idea, i dident even know about the polls. they are intresting