First adjustment today! And a question about Waterpik...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

XCrun&ride

First adjustment today! And a question about Waterpik...

#1 Post by XCrun&ride »

Hi everyone! Happy New Years!

I had my first adjustment today... :dance: I got a new archwire, and the ortho put on this lig that's connected. (I'm not sure how to explain it, but it's as if 4 individual ligs were connected with the same material that's stretched across the archwire). I don't know if that makes any sense, but he said that it would close the gaps between my teeth. Anyway, it felt just like when I had first gotten them on, but it only felt like that for an hour! When I got home I ate a hard pretzel stick and chips! I was waiting for the pain, but my mouth feels normal right now! :shock: :D Will they hurt tommorrow? :?

I also have a question about my Waterpik. I've had it for a month, and I recently tasted something (oddly like mold) when I was using it. The instructions that it comes with just say to wipe it with a cloth. Does anyone know if it can be washed in the dishwasher? :?:

Thanks! :D

LadyJ

#2 Post by LadyJ »

Sounds like you got a powerchain.

As for the WaterPik, depends on which model you have. I got mine at Wal-Mart and the tank (maybe lid too?) can be put in the dishwasher. Some also suggest running diluted vinegar through and then flushing with plain water to clean out the internal stuff.

Search "waterpik" down in Dental Do-dads for some more discussions.

HTH! :rose:
Braced for the first time on January 17th, 2008!
Planned with OrthoCAD iQ
Damon 3 ("social six") and 3MX brackets
Estimated treatment time: 18-20 months
This is what I'm going for!
Click on WWW to read my braces story.

XCrun&ride

#3 Post by XCrun&ride »

Thanks so much for the answers! It looks just like the picture, so it's definitely a powerchain... I'll try those suggestions for the Waterpik!

Thanks! :D