Powerchains?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SinOnYourLips

#16 Post by SinOnYourLips »

denferb, wow that's cool, have you seen alot of movement since? And wat color are your pcs?

Estimated Treatment Time: 12 months to life

metalfangs

powerchains

#17 Post by metalfangs »

I'm currently wearing blue powerchains. Not that bad although they're quite noticeable. I've had silver [best color], dark blue and green [it sucked].
Yeah, they work wonders although sometimes I find them a bit painful.

SinOnYourLips

#18 Post by SinOnYourLips »

metalfangs, glad to hear that and pain is not a problem for me! Maybe it sounds strange but I always get a feeling of excitment when my teeth ache, because to me pain=progress and movement. I might try both clear and silver powerchains if I'll need to have them on for more than a month. Thanks! :D

emford

#19 Post by emford »

Yes, powerchains work very well in my opinion. I had braces when I was younger so I don't have any major bite problems; my teeth have just shifted so there is spacing. Powerchains are quickly taking care of all of the unwanted gaps. I love checking every morning for progress and amazingly, I actually see the difference.

jmpmntwnty3

#20 Post by jmpmntwnty3 »

Powerchains work really fast. I had a noticeable gap between my two front teeth, and the powerchain closed that gap within ONE WEEK! My ortho kept it on for a few months though to retain the new position of the teeth I guess.
June 2006: Upper and Lower braces -- July 2006: RPE installed -- December 2006: RPE removed.
April 2007: 4 wisdom teeth extracted & had Frenum b/t 2 front teeth clipped. Powerchain added.
January 2008: All gaps closed.
March 2010: Began wearing elastics
January 2012: Braces finally off!

SinOnYourLips

#21 Post by SinOnYourLips »

emford, haha you sound alot like me. In the past 2 months I check my teeth for movement daily and I got to say, sometimes it's very noticible. My teeth in general move faster than normal, even my ortho has commented on it before so hopefully powerchains will do wonders in a month.

jmpmntwnty3, now that's fast! I am hoping though, I will get retainers to keep my teeth in the new place, after the powerchains do their job, instead, since I think my overjet is very slight and my bite is good.