getting braces on wednesday (1/9)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

pocketgames

getting braces on wednesday (1/9)

#1 Post by pocketgames »

i just found this site a few days ago and i've been reading posts like crazy, so i figured i'd join up! i'm 24 and now that i can finally afford them, i'm getting braces. my orthodontist says i'll be in them for 26-30 months. he says my bite is fine and he doesn't think i'll need to have any teeth pulled ... the problem is that my arches are ridiculously narrow, so i'm also getting something called a w-arch. i got spacers last wednesday to prepare for the w-arch, and my mouth has been crazy sore. i'm trying to eat as normally as possible, though, and i just keep telling myself it will all be worth it in the end. :)

Kaluna

#2 Post by Kaluna »

I'm in the SAME boat as you. :D I'm 25 and I'm finally getting braces -- this Wednesday the 9th as well. Got spacers on uppers and lowers last week for the expanders on the top and bottom. My teeth are just starting to feel a bit better and I can eat things that require some amount of chewing now but come Wednesday the "fun" starts all over again.

Congrats on getting braces and the great smile you'll have at the end!

pocketgames

#3 Post by pocketgames »

thanks for the replies ... meryaten, thanks for posting that picture. i was having trouble finding information about it.

(i'm leaving in an hour to go to my appointment! ack!)

Kaluna

#4 Post by Kaluna »

Good luck at the appointment! Hope everything goes well. :D

carolEEna

#5 Post by carolEEna »

Good luck today!

newguy

#6 Post by newguy »

good luck pocket.
Dec. 22, 2007 - Upper and lower premolars extracted.
Dec. 22, 2007 - Uppers braced with ceramics.
Jan. 26, 2008 - Lowers partially braced with metal. Front four will be braced with ceramics (TBD).
March 22, 2008 - Lowers fully braced. Front four with ceramics.