Hello from a newly-wired newbie!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

funshine

Hello from a newly-wired newbie!

#1 Post by funshine »

Hello, my friends (or soon-to-be) :lol:

First I want to say how fantastic this site is! I love information so I have really enjoyed reading through the threads - and I have so much more to read. Everything so far has been truly helpful.

I am 33 and was just braced 3 days ago (on Thursday). I have Clarity on top and In-Ovation R metal on bottom, both with self-ligating brackets. I was pleasantly surprised that they placed all the brackets at once, for some reason I thought they did them one at a time. Estimated treatment time is 18-24 months. My top teeth aren't really bad - just a little crowding of 2 teeth (which btw my sister said she can already see movement on one of the teeth. Once she mentioned it so can I!) Bottom is where the problem is. I have a rotated tooth a couple of teeth over from center. It'll be quite the journey to see that thing moved!

Day 1 wasn't too bad. The afternoon of day 2 is when the pain set in. I lived on Motrin Friday and Saturday, but shazam! I woke up this morning with very little pain - just a dull soreness. I was also able to eat something more substantial than yogurt today, which was nice but very odd since my bite is different now. I always see things on the sunny side so I'm looking at it as a diet - hey I could always stand to loose a few pounds.

I look forward to sharing my journey with all of you and to reading all the wisdom that comes from all of you that have "been there and done that" and are farther along in your treatment. Thanks in advance. :D

chillin-in-grilz

#2 Post by chillin-in-grilz »

A thousand welcomes to the boards. You wil make friends fast. This is a great place for support :) A place for you to whine, cry, laugh, any emotion you want to express and we are all here for you :)
Brace Free February 17th, 2009

Braces January 29, 2007

BracedUpG8rGrrl

#3 Post by BracedUpG8rGrrl »

Welcome! Like you, I just found this place and it's fantastic! Lots of info and reassurance that things will get better and better!

I'm <gulp> almost 41 and I just got braced on October 23, 2007. I have a total of 14 months to wear braces, also to correct some moderate crowding. So far it hasn't been too bad, my experience was very similar to yours. After 3 months, I'm just amazed at how much my smile has changed and I'm sure you will be too!

Take care and hang in there!
Christy

(PS --- eating doesn't hurt anymore but still feels icky, LOL)

breal87

#4 Post by breal87 »

hey congrats and welcome!

Kaluna

#5 Post by Kaluna »

Welcome! I just got my braces on the day before you. I had the same thing of feeling like my mouth was forever going to feel awful, but then yesterday and today I started feeling notably better. Hopefully this trend continues and VERY soon I won't have any more major discomfort any more. :) Congrats on getting braces; hope all goes well!

Lozzie83

#6 Post by Lozzie83 »

Welcome!
Glad to hear the pain is easing. You'll be eating whatever you want in no time!

funshine

#7 Post by funshine »

Thanks for the welcome! Each day things get better and better...

I look forward to hearing about your newbie journeys BracedUpG8rGrrl and Kaluna!

I love your name chillin! :D