Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Wired Skull

#616 Post by Wired Skull »

zefirynka
I agree. At first I wanted my braces to be as invisble as possible. That's why I choosed clear brackets. After a while it got boring and I wanted color :D
To bad I need to have a powerchain for a while. My ortho don't have them in many colors :cry: Now I like having colors.
I don't think the braces are too bad to wear.
Braces on: 2007-01-20
Ceramics upper and lower.
Elastics: 2007-08-16
Debanding: 2008-11-20 / 2009-06-12
Braces again: 2010-07-05
Metal - Lower only.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wiredskull ... 501093091/

Wired Skull

#617 Post by Wired Skull »

Sorry for the repost. Don't know what went wrong as the system seemed to hang for a while.
Metal - Lower only.

zefirynka

#618 Post by zefirynka »

Wired Skull
I don't think that braces are too bad to wear but I think that we are all waiting till we get rid of them :P

bracesafter40

#619 Post by bracesafter40 »

I got red at my adjustment yesterday...

http://bracesafter40.blogspot.com
Bridge Sectioned: Feb. 14, 2007
Last Pre-braces cleaning: Feb. 20, 2007
#21 Extraction: Feb. 20, 2007
Sentenced: 32 months
Top Braced: Feb 28, 2007
Bottom Braced: Apr. 4, 2007
New Ortho on Apr. 25, 2008
May 6; fluorescent blue ligs incl. upper powerchains. 2 elastics; Sept. 2, 2008.
Next Adj.: July 7, 2009 at 8:30a

phae

#620 Post by phae »

First adjustment today!

I'm still disappointed in the lack of really good purples, but I went with the darkest one they had, and it's not horrible. I stuck with black on the bottom, I rather like it.

ilovemacs

#621 Post by ilovemacs »

I had my 2nd Adjustment yesterday! I got hot pink and teal. I get my bottoms on one week today. That's two days before 1st semester finals start!! :shock:

SDFD TSchott

#622 Post by SDFD TSchott »

bracedagain wrote:Yes, it is more discreet then I'm used too. And no Tim, I'm not ever going Pink, even on a bet. Well it would have to be a big ,big payoff before I would go there!!
Haha, my next appointment is on Feb 4th *** Yes I know a short 4 week in between appointments *** But I think just cause I went pink this round I will try purple or something else who knows I will just have to play it by year when the day comes around the corner..

~Tim~

Adjustment Sept 14th, 2018
Braces back on August 06, 2018
Braces off April 02, 2008

ellebee

#623 Post by ellebee »

I am one who got ceramics top and bottom -- because my Ortho showed me a simulation of how they'd look and the metal looked black and the ceramic were essentially invisible.

The reality however was that the ceramics were not at all invisible, they were huge and made my teeth really weird looking. At least with metal, people recognize that you have braces.

My ceramics were self ligating but the clips added more bulk so I switched to ligs. My first ligs were a neutral platinum -- something between silver and gold. But then I decided to go for a stronger color to give me a braces look.

I have had most colors, including pink, purple, black, blue and green. My favorite is periwinkle blue and I've decided to stick with that. It makes my teeth look whiter as the cool colors do (anything on the blue end of the spectrum is a cool color).

I am more than ready to be done and I may get my bottom closing wire on 1/30. My lower laterals are fairly aligned now but there is space for them to be tweaked another mm or 2, so maybe I'll go one more appointment before the closing wire.

We're working on my midline now, so I'm wearing an elastic on one side only. I think that is the last thing that needs to be done. I'm predicting mid-March for debanding. Yahoo!

Elle
Spacers, Nov. 1; Braced Nov. 8, 2006; Braces off March 26, 2008, just short of 17 months. Glad it's over but the jury is still out on whether the game was worth the candle.

LuvBug26

#624 Post by LuvBug26 »

I have ceremics on upper and lower and although they are semi-clear they're not exactly what i was expecting!! :shock: They are bigger than the metal brackets so i felt like mr. ed!! I have gotten used to them tho..i'm getting married in 9 months so i'm glad i have the clear ceremics b/c it'll be easier to doctor the picture so they don't show!! :P
I have had all colors on my teeth just about....green, yellow, pink, purple, orange, and blue. I have not tried silver or black yet b/c i'm afraid they'll look funny on my clears!! :?

"To error is human, to forgive is divine."

Wired Skull

#625 Post by Wired Skull »

ellebee: I Agree with you that clear brackets isn't invisible and they wasen't really what I expected. However I believe that the clear ones made me go for braces. If I had choosen today I might have gone with metal brackets instead. Clear brackets makes the teeth look a bit strange. Metal everybody recognise :D

After a while one don't mind if the brackets shows and therefore it becomes fun with colored ligatures.

LuvBug26: I have had silver and black and I like them a lot. Black sure makes the braces show and also makes the teeth look whiter :lol:
Silver is quite a nice color on clear brackets and looks clean and fresh.

ImageImage

//Wired
Metal - Lower only.

LuvBug26

#626 Post by LuvBug26 »

Wired Skull: I like your silver and black combo! I get all pumped about trying silver and then when i get there I chicken out!!! Myabe it's the fact that I have to live with those colors for the next 4 weeks!!! I have powerchains on bottom so maybe i'll try the silver on my upcoming appt.!! :wink:
Thanks for the pictures so I'll have an idea of what it looks like!!! :thumbsup:

"To error is human, to forgive is divine."

Lisa65

#627 Post by Lisa65 »

I've had black powerchains and loved them because I could eat anything I wanted without fear of staining. At the moment I have these (my teeth aren't really that white, I've been playing with Photoshop again)

ilovemacs

#628 Post by ilovemacs »

I LOVE LOVE LOVE those powerchains Lisa65!!! (Sorry for the caps I just love them!!!)

Lisa65

#629 Post by Lisa65 »

Thanks Macs, I love them too, but I'm sure they won't stay bright like that for long. last time I had hot pink ligs they went a horrible peach colour after a curry :lol:

ilovemacs

#630 Post by ilovemacs »

You're welcome! I experienced lig staining too, with my light pink ligs and light blue. The light pink went to a grungy neutral like colour. The light blue went a teal obviously not a nice as my current teal!