Lets Talk Dollar Signs

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

starryeyedfairy

Lets Talk Dollar Signs

#1 Post by starryeyedfairy »

Greetings

So its a well known fact that braces aren't a cheap commodity.
But totally worth it
Just ouf of curiousity I was wondering how much money the majority of people here have paid for their entire treatment (please specify... headgear, surgery, clear braces, metal braces)
whether it be in pounds, dollars (canadian/ u.s.), euros.

Keep Smiling

Betty Bat

#2 Post by Betty Bat »

You might want to take a look at this topic:
viewtopic.php?t=17138

The title is "Cost".

sherilynn23

#3 Post by sherilynn23 »

sorry pressed submit too many times :(
Last edited by sherilynn23 on Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sherilynn23

#4 Post by sherilynn23 »

and again...pressed submit too many times :(
Last edited by sherilynn23 on Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sherilynn23

#5 Post by sherilynn23 »

My braces all together were 3700.00 my insurance pays 1700 and i take care of the rest the amount pays for the whole treatment from spacers to retainers...I have ceramic on the top and metal on bottom.

I actually just paid them off the other day!!!!

If you have flex savings account at work i recommend that route if you think you cant afford them! Your company will take money out of your paycheck before taxes to go toward medical expenses. that is how i paid my braces off! I didnt have to hustle and go without to have my braces which makes the whole experience less stressfull.
Last edited by sherilynn23 on Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrandonH

#6 Post by BrandonH »

I'm going the flex savings account --- my employer contributes $1000 per year to it.

Not sure if my insurance will cover any treatment (I'm 31 years old).

I'm due for 36 months of work which includes an RPE.

Cost is $4900.

Naduah82

#7 Post by Naduah82 »

My braces were 4800.00 (insurance didn't cover my braces) plus I had my bottom 2 wisdom teeth extracted which was about 200.00 after insurance and I had 2 top wisdom teeth & 1 front extra tooth surgically removed. That was about 400.00 after insurance. So a little over 5,000...I'm praying when I get my braces off it will be worth every penney. :wink:

FaStAeRo

#8 Post by FaStAeRo »

7000$ here.. went for the best ortho in my area.. treatment is scheduled for 20 months.. insurance covers 2500$. Plus I got 4 teeth extracted (not even wisdom) before I could get my braces on.. so that's another 1000$
Alot more expensive compared to you guys.. :shock:

Gennel

#9 Post by Gennel »

Cost of my braces $5,500
6 Extractions $1,300
3 more Extractions $700
Debrisment pre-bracing$150? (don't remember exact amount)
By the time I'm done it will be around a $9-$10,000 smile ! It has been a HUGe,HUGE sacrifice to come up with this money so far. I ultimately will get a Zoom cleaning and maybe,hopefully 2-4 lower veneers if there are any gaps.I was told that lower teeth gaps were very likely.

I'm not out of braces yet but I feel like a different person already,I actually have a pretty smile now!

Gennel

sali

#10 Post by sali »

Mine will be $4700 for everything the xrays, molds, rpe, braces and retainers in payments of $129 a month :D

lilblackdress

#11 Post by lilblackdress »

Since I didn't post in the Cost thread, I'll post here : o )

Total Cost - $5,385.00 for 18 months of treatment including adjustments, retainers and follow up visits.

It's a huge sacrifice, but I'm able to manage it due to proper planning/budgeting and my health care flex spending account.

Karan's Mum

#12 Post by Karan's Mum »

Well, I haven't got any bills yet for the braces (I'm hoping that my insurance will pay it). But so far..

First consult with the ortho : 18,80 euro
x-ray pics and teeth impression : 93 euro

I didn't pay above cost, thankfully. It was paid by my insurance company

and the braces will cost about 700 euro (so my ortho said). I haven't received the bill.. if I'm lucky it'll be paid off by my insurance, otherwise I'm thinking about paying it off per month or something
:wink:

TumbleDryLow

#13 Post by TumbleDryLow »

I didn't post in the other thread either....

Mine seems more expensive than others, but that's Ann Arbor for you...

$6100 for active treatment of 20-24 months. (Worked out to something like 1900 down and 165 per month) Ceramic on top 6 teeth (additional 300+) plus a quad helix then a TPA.
$285 for molds, X-rays etc
$700-ish for 4 premolar extractions

Grand total 7085---no insurance, no flex, no rich uncle--all out of pocket. (Prey that our cars last two more years!)

Karan's Mum

#14 Post by Karan's Mum »

:shock: Its scary how much you guys paid for your braces. You must be really rich or something. How come extractions cost a thousand dollar?? Here it cost 18 euro per teeth, if its a difficult one then it'll be like 50 euro. The dentists there must be really rich.

Lisa65

#15 Post by Lisa65 »

It must be to do with the way the Dutch healthcare system works. 500 euro sounds amazingly cheap, and is all that covered by insurance or is 500 euro the amount you will have to pay yourself?

In the UK you can get orthodontic treatment free if your case is considered bad enough and you don't mind waiting 2 years or so, but if you pay privately the average cost is about £3000.