Lig colours (colors)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Wired Skull

#631 Post by Wired Skull »

LuvBug26: Thanks. I think you shuld go for silver next time. As you say they will only stay on for 4 weeks, 6 weeks in my case. Sometimes i can't decide what color to go with and just choose the one I already wearing. Due to the lack of colored powerchains at my ortho I tend to stick with silver. :D

Meryaten: Thanks for your input about my colored ligatures.

Lisa65: Nice colors on your powerchains. Not sure pink and posion green is my colors :lol: Sadly my ortho don't have any colored powerchains :( Only silver, grey and clear is available. I would love to have a black or purple powerchain to match my lower ligatures.
Braces on: 2007-01-20
Ceramics upper and lower.
Elastics: 2007-08-16
Debanding: 2008-11-20 / 2009-06-12
Braces again: 2010-07-05
Metal - Lower only.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wiredskull ... 501093091/

Karan's Mum

#632 Post by Karan's Mum »

Hi,

My teeth aren't really white, I really don't like the color :? and I think my braces makes it look even worse (I have silver ligs who are barely noticeable). Do you guys think it'll be better if I have darker ligatures? Like blue or green so my teeth color and the crooked shape of it become less noticable??

Will it work??????????

Lisa65

#633 Post by Lisa65 »

The only colour I had which didn't stain at all, was black. Purple wasn't too bad. It just went a kind of duller purple. I had a beautiful aqua colour once which did stain but they went a kind of greeny-blue which wasn't too bad.

Eric805

#634 Post by Eric805 »

LETS SEE SOME MORE PICS OF BLACK LIGS! That might be the only color I can tolerate on me.

lilblackdress

#635 Post by lilblackdress »

My question is, is there a color out there that doesn't stain as much as others? I guess my idea was to not be so noticeable, even though I chose metal braces. So, I'm starting to feel that any color I choose at this point, really isn't going to matter.
I, too, have metal braces. I've always selected gray ligs and haven't noticed any staining. I regularly drink plenty of colas (Pepsi and Coke) and the occasional coffee and tea. I don't eat Indian-style curry, but I love Thai red curry (not sure if there's a difference in curry types by cuisine). I haven't had any problems with the 3M gray ligs. Also, the gray ligs blend in fairly well with the metal brackets.

Here's a pic of gray ligs on top and gray power chains on the bottom (ignore the excess spaces between my teeth, they're the reason I'm braced :oops: :wink: ).

LuvBug26

#636 Post by LuvBug26 »

LISA65-[/b] I LOVE your PC colors!!! Those are fab!! :P

MMMom: I have had good experience with blue and green and yellow
being non-staining. I don't drink coffe but I do drink tea and those
stood up well. I haven't had problems out of my purple either. I would steer clear of the light pink b/c it turns a funky shad w/in a week or so after getting them on. :x

"To error is human, to forgive is divine."

TumbleDryLow

#637 Post by TumbleDryLow »

I have silver power chains and have had them for about a week and a half. They have stood up well to black coffee, tea, tomato based soups and everything else I put in my mouth. I thought they were invincible to staining so I decided to eat Indian--palak paneer.

Now I have metallic green power chains.

HIMgurl

#638 Post by HIMgurl »

I don't know what color ligs to get on monday. Should I go with one color for the first time? Pink?
I have just completed my treatment!!

ZaraNataly

#639 Post by ZaraNataly »

Mine are gray! I dont know if i would feel good with color ligs...which color should i try one first??? i was thinking pink!! i love pink but im too shy..i still cant get used to braces...advice anyone

Beckster

#640 Post by Beckster »

Light Blues like that worked pretty well, in my opinion.

(Then again, I am biased toward the color blue in general)

FITeach

#641 Post by FITeach »

I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to lig colors.
I chose clear braces to be as inconspicuous as possible
so I'm planning to have clear ligs the entire time.
They haven't given me staining problems YET,
but I've only had my braces for a week.

4113n

#642 Post by 4113n »

FITeach wrote:I guess I'm in the minority when it comes to lig colors.
I chose clear braces to be as inconspicuous as possible
so I'm planning to have clear ligs the entire time.
They haven't given me staining problems YET,
but I've only had my braces for a week.
i bet you'll get bored of clear, yayyyyy colours!!!

Meloho

#643 Post by Meloho »

Here are my Christmas ligs from December. I now have purple ones, but I don't have a pic yet.

breal87

#644 Post by breal87 »

i get silver color ligs everytime and i have a silver power chain!

Test

KK Cat

Re: stained donuts / ligatures.......

#645 Post by KK Cat »

metalmouthmom wrote: My question is, is there a color out there that doesn't stain as much as others?

But, I wanted a color to go back to, that didn't stain and didn't stick out. Anybody have anything for me, any words of wisdom???
My first colour was grey, since then I have had purple, blue, teal, rose pink & currently hot pink.

I drink way too many cups of tea every day which is even worse than coffee for staining and I'm partial to the odd curry too. My teeth are staining from the tea, but so far I haven't noticed any staining on the ligs. My favourite so far was the rose pink and strangely enough it was also the least noticeable of the colours from a distance. Several people said that to me (close friends/family) and I could also see in photos that the braces were least noticeable with the rose pink. I like trying the different colours though, entertains me! Purple is my 2nd favourite so far.

The colours are much brighter on that they look on the strip when you get to pick, so keep that in mind when choosing. I think so long as you don't go pastel they should hold pretty well.

Have a look at My Braces Story (www hereunder) and you will see photos of all the colours so far except the hot pink which I haven't up yet.
2 upper 1st bicuspids extracted
Uppers braced (metal), molar bands upper & lower 25 May 07
Lowers braced 22 Oct 07
Next adjustment 21 Apr 2008
Estimated brace time 2.5 years