On my final now. Braces coming off in 3 weeks!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

demedja

On my final now. Braces coming off in 3 weeks!!

#1 Post by demedja »

Hi everyone.

Haven't logged on in a while but wanted to post this update. I just had my last adjustment today, and my ortho told me they're coming off next visit---which is three weeks away. I am excited about taking them off, but already I know I'm going to miss them. Hard to believe that two years went by so quickly!

I had many doubts about getting braces in the beginning. The biggest factor was the cost (nearly $7,000). But, I had an overbite, crowding on the bottom row, huge spaces in the front, and I really hated the way my teeth looked. So, I decided to take the plunge. After I got braced, it took a long time to get used to them. They were so tight and uncomfortable, and sometimes after an adjustment my teeth would hurt so bad that I had no appetite to eat anything for a week. Midway the treatment, I still wasn't convinced. At one point it seemed that my teeth were pulling too much to the right then too much to the left, and the changes I was expecting to see just wasn't happening fast enough.

But now I'm glad I stuck it out. When I look at my teeth now its hard to believe they're mine. The overbite, crowding, and spacing are all gone, and my teeth are so perfectly straight that they look almost fake. The treatment was VERY expensive, but well worth every cent. My ortho is an awesome doctor, too.

mariahfromchicago

#2 Post by mariahfromchicago »

Good for you! :D
:-)o Celebrate!! Enjoy that awesome smile...
you won't look like this much longer: :tingrin: :)
- mariah :heart:

berries

#3 Post by berries »

Thanks for this post, demedja. My attitude toward my braces is not unlike yours--as in, I don't find it thrilling in the least to have these suckers stuck to my teeth. And I especially was glad you expressed your concerns about sometimes thinking things were shifting too much toward the right or left. I've had about a month of thinking things were moving to one side, only to see that problem begin to self-correct ... I definitely lose sight of the end goal sometimes.

Congratulations on coming to the conclusion of your treatment ('cept retainers, of course)! It's awesome that you're so happy with your teeth.