Spacers and Eating....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KatieBug

Spacers and Eating....

#1 Post by KatieBug »

I just got my spacers in today and ate a normal lunch with no pain. It was just wierd to me. My ortho did not tell me what to eat and what not to she just said to put it back in or call if one falls out...anyone have some words of advice or am I doing ok?

Thanks for the help!!

[/url]

TumbleDryLow

#2 Post by TumbleDryLow »

My ortho told me to eat whatever was comfortable to eat, but to avoid very sticky food (caramel) that could pull them out.

BenB

#3 Post by BenB »

I was sore for a couple of days with my spacers so I ate soft foods but once the pain went away I ate pretty much anything I usually would have :D

pocketgames

#4 Post by pocketgames »

the night after i got my spacers in, i ate a huge salad w/tons of veggies for dinner with no problem. the next day, though, there was no way i could have done that! so i went the soup/yogurt/applesauce route. the only thing my orthodontist told me was to not eat sticky foods. it took about a week for the pain from my spacers to subside.

jgrrl22

#5 Post by jgrrl22 »

I just got 8 spacers put in yesterday. While in general I really don't have much pain (just a lot of pressure on my other teeth)... When it comes to eating there's a whole different story!!! Because my teeth weren't hurting, I thought this morning before work I could run down and get some tater tots for breakfast. I took one bite into that tater tot and thought my 2 front teeth would fall out.

Needless to say, I threw the rest away and settled for some chocolate pudding instead!!! Thank god I only have to wear these things 3 1/2 days or I don't know how I'd survive! I already feel like I'm starving and it's just barely begun!

BenB

#6 Post by BenB »

:lol: The same thing happened to me, the day I got the spacers I was eating everything and thought it was a breeze. The next day I woke up and went to have a cooked breakfast and nearly jumped through the roof :lol: So I settled for soup instead.

carolEEna

#7 Post by carolEEna »

Since I got spacers AND braces put on yesterday, as well as a molar buildup on my right side. :? They told me not to eat the regular stuff you're not supposed to eat with braces. Eating has been a bit of a challenge for me so far. Last night I had to liquefy my dinner. This morning I somehow bit down and oh my god was it painful. Needless to say I'm sticking to liquids or really mushy food today.

Hope you are able to eat today!

KatieBug

#8 Post by KatieBug »

Well I did somthing that felt good but I am not sure if it is ok...I went and got some of the Oragel for toothaches and put it on and enjoyed a pasta lunch and it was so yummy and satisfying! I am feeling better now!

[/url]

sali

#9 Post by sali »

I've been just eating soft foods mine have been too painful for anything else. I'm so tired of soup and applesauce :? I get mine off tomorrow, but I get my expander put in, Hopefully i'll eat normal foods soon.

cosmicgirl

#10 Post by cosmicgirl »

Good luck with the expander Sali! Your teeth will stop aching now, but your tongue will hurt like hell! Had my expander (helix) since Saturday and it's utterly vile. Tongue shredded and lisping. yuck. :(
However, I have just tried a new mouthwash - Colgate's PEROXYL -and my tongue seems to be healing a bit... :roll: