New here with a question :)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

TigerLily

#16 Post by TigerLily »

I only have my lowers on so far & they are ceramic (as my uppers will be)

People dont realise I have braces, the odd person did when I had a metal coiled spring at the front but since it came off nobody has noticed my braces, I have asked the odd person but until I pointed it out they didn't see.

Due to the way my teeth are, when I look in the mirror one of me molars in metal is visible & it really stands out a lot more than my ceramics.

I have not had any bracket related discomfort, I have only used wax a handful of times since I got braced & they were all connected to the coiled spring.

I have wire ties as my ortho only gave me that option due to her views on lig staining. However now my coil spring is off & two teeth that were not on the wire before, due to poistioning one has had to have a lig on it. I dont know if it's clear or White or pearl but it blends in. I think that tooth looks more subtle than the others. But I dont know how it will look when stained. Though saying that I have had tons of black tea and a curry the other night and it hasn't stained so far...fingers crossed!

Miss Smiley

#17 Post by Miss Smiley »

I have upper and lower ceramics, my ortho offered me ceramic or metal. I said ceramic and that meant both top and bottom after I was braced. He didn't give a choice of metal lowers with ceramic uppers.

I like my brackets becuse sometimes people still don't notice that I have braces. Some will say "Oh, you're wearing your retainers" or "You got your braces off!" when in fact, I just had an adjustment and had the ligs changed.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

karylarizona

Ceramic vs. metal

#18 Post by karylarizona »

I have ceramic on top and metal on the bottom. I found ceramic to be VERY SHARP, like tacks thrown in my mouth. It might depend on the bite more than anything.....the rubbing on the inside of the mouth due to the positioning of the teeth. So, lots of wax for me.
Good luck.