Lips Poking Out about 10 Feet

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

minadee

Lips Poking Out about 10 Feet

#1 Post by minadee »

OK, maybe not 10 feet. But I didn't realize how far out my lips were going to sit after the braces. If anybody had this issue, how long before your teeth "moved back" and you could hold your mouth normally again?

dagwoman

#2 Post by dagwoman »

This was one of the things I hated the most about my appearance after getting my braces, but actually I learned how to hold my mouth without the ever so attractive "braces bulge" after about 2 or 3 days, while also re-learning how to smile and make other facial expressions normally. I guess it depends on how your teeth are to begin with, but hopefully it'll be the same way for you.

:) DW

aussiebraceface

#3 Post by aussiebraceface »

I hope that this improves soon

gigiso

#4 Post by gigiso »

One of my friends actually said it gave a nice fullness to my mouth... so now I'm wondering when they come off do I have to get lip injections?

joney

#5 Post by joney »

I love my "sexy pout", it will be a shame to lose it when the braces come off. That doesn't mean I don't want my braces off however; I can't wait.
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

mariahfromchicago

#6 Post by mariahfromchicago »

Meryaten wrote:Think of it as a sexy pout? People pay good money to have collagen or butt fat injected in their lips to get that pout ;)
hehe! :lol: very good joke! :)
- mariah :heart:

alfie

#7 Post by alfie »

I already had full, pouty lips. When I put the braces on- woah! They did stick out like 10 feet! LOL. I think i've gotten used to it now and don't think of it. However, I still don't have my smile down right. My big lips get caught on the upper braces and my smile looks wierd. :P

funshine

#8 Post by funshine »

I have become a lip balm addict. And I'm kind of digging the sexy pout. :lol:

alfie

#9 Post by alfie »

Yes it is! In fact, I'm a chapstick addict and have been for YEARS. My family tells me that I should own stock in the company. LOL

mariahfromchicago

#10 Post by mariahfromchicago »

XD I will definately miss the sexy pout, but I won't miss my crowded teeth! :D :lol:
- mariah can't keep promises :cry:

Karan's Mum

#11 Post by Karan's Mum »

I have it too... my mouth pokes like a duck. I feel awful, lol. But I'm glad that other people have that too, it means that I'll have my 'normal' look after sometime. I have full lips that I don't like (i've been called duck, or 'mountain-lipped' lol) so I think you know how I feel :oops:

regulering17

#12 Post by regulering17 »

well, I also have quite full lips, but haven't had the problem with the pout, untill maybe soon, because now he(orho) isn't making the teeth go back, but more outwards cause now my jaw is too narrow. hm interesting!
you'll get used to it though, don't worry
Braces on: March 6th 2007
Both upper and lower metals
Been in braces for: 1 year 15 days
Next adjustment: Feb. 28th- 08
my braces log: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... ht=#227971

berries

#13 Post by berries »

Echoing regulering17 here ... my upper teeth have just been untangled from their crowding and in the process came forward. And now the pulling-back process has started, but in the meantime I look a bit strange, I think. My lips seem to be turning down at the corners and especially look funny in profile. I can't wait for them to move back significantly.

melliemoo

#14 Post by melliemoo »

What's nice about having full lips is that as you age, your lips will become thinner. I'm 48 and I've noticed that my lips are not as full as they were but they still have a nice shape. So now, I'm grateful for my fuller lips.

Megan89

#15 Post by Megan89 »

Am I the only one who never really noticed any lip change with braces? My lips are naturally full, but with braces i haven't noticed a change at all. I was expecting duck lips or something, but nope. I can make my lower lip stick out really far if i rest it over the upperbraces though.