Now a have a gap between my teeth? Is this normal?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ljandersmith

Now a have a gap between my teeth? Is this normal?

#1 Post by ljandersmith »

Today after lunch I noticed I had a very noticeable gap between my two front teeth. I have never had this before and my ortho is closed....Is this normal, it doesnt seem right???
thanks

Gennel

#2 Post by Gennel »

Teeth move are shifting constantly througout treatment. When I started mytreatment I had no gaps in my front teeth but after like 2+ months I had a really big gap in myfront teeth :( It really bothered me but it did close up again within a month or so.

Gennel

platinum

#3 Post by platinum »

normal....

I developed three gaps between my front laterals...
They will be closed by using powerchains.

Lisa65

#4 Post by Lisa65 »

It can happen, but powerchains will close it up in no time, once you get them.

BracedUpG8rGrrl

#5 Post by BracedUpG8rGrrl »

This happened to me too. About a month after I got braced, I noticed a gap that opened up. When I went back for my first adjustment, the ortho put on a powerchain and it closed up in a couple of weeks.

My ortho mentioned that this may happen a few times in the course of treatment, but told me not to freak out, everything would be in the right place in the end. So far, he hasn't been wrong. :)

Christy

Megan89

#6 Post by Megan89 »

I had a pretty big gap between my front big tooth and the one next to it, it was about 1mm wide. Within 6hrs of a powerchain being on the gap was closed. I was so shocked! My front teeth are so tight now! It's getting hard to floss.

Boolajoojoo

#7 Post by Boolajoojoo »

I've had a couple of gaps open up and close all on their own inbetween adjustments. The ortho's never mentioned power chains or anything because I haven't had the gaps at any of my adjustments. I guess I would probably make a phone call if I had teeth that were rapidly drifting waay far away from each other...

ljandersmith

#8 Post by ljandersmith »

Ironically enough My gap closed the next day! Its so random how your teeth move everyday!

sean83

#9 Post by sean83 »

Does everyone get power chains? Will he just surprise me with them at an adjustment?!

platinum

#10 Post by platinum »

My upper teeth got gappy and I got powerchains on my top teeth. The ortho said that my lower teeth do not have gaps, so i wont need a powerhain there.

lauren321

#11 Post by lauren321 »

I've been braced for 2 weeks and I have a mm sized gap already. That tooth seems to be moving faster than the rest.