A Question

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

PaperandInk

A Question

#1 Post by PaperandInk »

For about how long have you had your braces?

I have had mine for four days now. I must admit that it's so far not been easy adjusting to this metal in my mouth !

acd

#2 Post by acd »

I've had mine for 15 months and it has not been as bad as I thougth it would been. If I would have known how easy it has been I would have gotten them a long time ago.

nogota

#3 Post by nogota »

I've had them for four and a half months. The first couple weeks are weird, but once you get used to them it's really not so bad. I rarely notice them any more. Once you have a good routine down, they aren't that much extra work.

Good luck!

clairet707

#4 Post by clairet707 »

Ive had mine on now since october 2006 so 15 months and I have about another 10 - 12 weeks to go

Its not too bad, keep em clean and keep the ortho happy and you will be fine

I sometimes felt a bit disenheartened and thought my teeth hadn't moved but my ortho was always really surprised by how much they had done.. Its a great feeling

AngelOfLife

#5 Post by AngelOfLife »

9 months so far. Current estimate of getting them off is April. :)

HIMgurl

#6 Post by HIMgurl »

Two whole days and its definitely an adjustment. But its not bad.
I have just completed my treatment!!

danish

#7 Post by danish »

I have had braces for 125 days. But hey...who's counting! Hehe :wink:

Besides feeling like a freak, my social life pretty much out of the door and lack of confidence when socializing with new people it has not been that bad to adjust to the braces..!? :?

Danish
metal braces on: 4 Oct 2007
Tx for: crowding
debonded on: 24 Jun 2009

total treatment time: 629 days

my journey ==> http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=

mariahfromchicago

#8 Post by mariahfromchicago »

a year, but it fees like forever :wink:

Chris1960

#9 Post by Chris1960 »

danish wrote:I have had braces for 125 days. But hey...who's counting! Hehe :wink:

Besides feeling like a freak, my social life pretty much out of the door and lack of confidence when socializing with new people it has not been that bad to adjust to the braces..!? :?
:lol:
:D
:)
:(
:cry:
Brackets off 6/5/08
Invisaligns on 7/28/08
(7 Week delay)
21 of 23 U&L (Skipped a tray/On a 10 day rotation)

Class II subdivision right
Moderate upper/lower crowding
Partial anterior crossbite
Normal overbite/overjet
Sentence: 18-20 months

gabi

#10 Post by gabi »

First time...had em about 2.5 years.
This time...Got the bottom ones on 9 months ago, got the top ones on one month ago. Having a hard time adjusting to having them as an adult.

bracedintx

#11 Post by bracedintx »

Since august 05--so, 2.5 years so far. I got the lowers on first. Day to day it's no biggie. Of course it would be lovely to not have to suck food out of my wires all the time, but otherwise it's fine. I moved a year into my treatment so no one here has ever seen me without braces :wink:
self-ligating metal brackets all around

adultbraces

#12 Post by adultbraces »

8 hrs total. Just got my wires today. My Advila dose is running out and I'm starting to feel more pressure.. A thought of spacers are coming back , hopefully it won't be bad as the spacers..

FITeach

#13 Post by FITeach »

I've had mine for 12 days. It's much better than the first 3 or 4 days.
I'm getting used to eating a wider variety of foods again...thank God!

markuhde

#14 Post by markuhde »

I'm at just over 8 months. I just got my first square wire yesterday - on the bottom, which I've only had for like 4 months. Yay me! LOL. I also have my second powerchain on top, that was FUN at first (ALMOST as bad as spacers were at first).

"Besides feeling like a freak, my social life pretty much out of the door and lack of confidence when socializing with new people it has not been that bad to adjust to the braces..!? "

I've had the opposite experience. I have SO MUCH more self-confidence since getting braces. I smile way more and I'm not nearly as ashamed of my teeth - they're getting straighter and at least I'm doing something and having fun with the colors. Some days braces hurt, most days you don't notice, some days they feel really good (esp right after they've stopped hurting but they still feel tight - that is a good feeling)

SolarFeline

#15 Post by SolarFeline »

09 Aug 2006 - 11 Feb 2008. 19 months.

I'm lucky that I haven't had wisdom teeth extracted (that was when I was 19!) or extractions or surgery, but, mouth ulcers are annoying. But, you just learn to deal with them, and get over it. Hydration, wax, salt-water rinses, Peroxyl, Kenalog (@ night over the ulcer/sore), Bonjela (for day over the ulcer/sore).