Braced today for the second time around!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

amysouth1016

Braced today for the second time around!

#1 Post by amysouth1016 »

Hello! I was just braced this morning but this is my second time with braces unfortunately. I forgot how painful they were. Ugh. I'm just now starting to throb and I'm trying to slurp down some soup for lunch. Anyone have any suggestions on good foods to eat during the first few days of new braces?

Thanks!!!

Miss Smiley

#2 Post by Miss Smiley »

Meatloaf, baked potato, small pasta (farfalle, penne), shredded chicken, fish and rice, enchiladas, slow-cooked stew, you can always make yourself a smoothie or shake to supplement the soft foods you're eating.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

retainerjoe

#3 Post by retainerjoe »

pain meds ,soft diet, an wax for rubbing, an a week to get over the install, but it will be worth it in the end

browneyedgrl

#4 Post by browneyedgrl »

Hi Amy,

Congrats on your b-day!!! I'm a second timer too and everyone here is giving you great advice. The first couple of days are rough, but definitely go with a softer diet and chew small bites.
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

retainerjoe

#5 Post by retainerjoe »

yes been there did that, after 2121 days in appliances im free agian

amysouth1016

#6 Post by amysouth1016 »

Thanks for all of the wonderful advice. I've had pasta mainly for the past few days...yogurt for breakfast. I'm doing a bit better as far as the soreness of the teeth is concerned...however now the rubbing is KILLING my cheeks and the insides of my lips! I just put wax on so hopefully that will help. I'm getting used to them though...