first post....

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bracesonfebruaryfirst2008

first post....

#1 Post by bracesonfebruaryfirst2008 »

Well I just joined this site and this is my first post! I have only had braces on for 5 days and 2010 seems like it is an ETERNITY away. I wish I had done this years ago....but I didn't so here I am at 23 years old! I was wondering how long it takes to see results? I feel like right now I have ugly teeth AND ugly braces covering them....so how long will it be till I have nice straight teeth with ugly braces?

Miss Smiley

#2 Post by Miss Smiley »

Welcome welcome! Don't fret, your teeth will straighten out sooner than you know it. Just live your life and next thing you know, DEBANDING! My debanding isn't for anotehr 20-26 months or so, I know what you mean by it feeling like an eternity away. I hope you started a my braces story in the other forum. You can find it a haven for any gripes and things you want to announce about your adjustments! I'm sure you've found our stories there and read up on some of progress other members have made in such a short time.
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

mariahfromchicago

#3 Post by mariahfromchicago »

ugggghhhhhh another year for me... :x don't worry 23 is younger than most here. you'll see results in a week or so

sean83

#4 Post by sean83 »

Far better to be doubly ugly for a year or two, than a bit ugly forever! Well done for joining the club :)
It's all gone a bit dental...

kjw1214

:)

#5 Post by kjw1214 »

Its ok, I am two months three days in and only paritally braced.. which blows. I am so ready to get fully braced you dont even know.. look at it in a positive way, a lot of people cannot afford your position! Be happy you are going to have a beautiful smile in two years. Not so bad i promise.

pearls

#6 Post by pearls »

i agree with meryaten - well said!
Spacers in: 9/4/2008
Braces on:16/4/2008
Sentanced for: 18 months
Metal upper and lowers

martinboyce

#7 Post by martinboyce »

Your ahead of me, im 27 also with ugly teeth, im still having my massive teggies yanked out my head before the ortho will touch me. Look at my avatar, can only dread why beast of a brace hes gunna stick on me.

Take a step back, see the bigger picture like many things in your life you can look back and laugh about it, only this time you can do it with a beautiful smile ;)

pocketgames

#8 Post by pocketgames »

i know how you feel! i'm 24, i got my top braces 4 weeks ago, and i'm STILL trying to see a difference! i'm also in them until 2010, and you're absolutely right. it seems like ages from now! my boyfriend and his mother swear they can tell a difference already. so, other people might notice before you do.

i'm supposed to have my bottom teeth braced in a couple of months. my ortho told me that by then, i'll be able to tell a "huge" difference. since then, i've wondered what, exactly, is his definition of "huge."

SolarFeline

#9 Post by SolarFeline »

Glad you found us here bracesonfebruaryfirst2008!

We are here for support and advice, (but remember to use the "search function" before you start a thread, as your issue/thread topic may have already been answered/started! 8) )

As Miss Smilie posted, go to My Braces Stories and post your story of your braces.

Post, contribute, HAVE FUN here.

Two years WILL go by before you know it. Remember, you are doing something to improve your self, so you are doing something worthwhile for yourself.