JUST ABOUT TO GET BRACES, HI EVERYONE!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

vixi

#16 Post by vixi »

woo hoo check out the roots on those !! hee hee

Wicked ! we could start a club clled the Gapers Club lol

Hope you feel better soon

Yeah its great when you get a reply the only exciting thing to happen through another boring day at work lol

Here is a link to my nashers

Vixi

mg

#17 Post by mg »

Good heavens! That's one large tooth. What you are enduring now is worth it. Have a relaxing weekend. )I've been spared extractions, not certain why, but that's ok, really!) Keep posting pics to show your progress.........

martinboyce

#18 Post by martinboyce »

Hi vixi, thanks for the link,

your braces look cool, you do know i can see right up your nose on one of those piccies, hehe

Yeah gaps are crazy big, i wish i coulda had my premolars out like you. Mine are the ones behind yours, the triple rooters, hence why i can do um all in one go, tis a big old job. Costs alot too.

You have a naturally pretty smile as you are so having straight teeth will put a cherry on a already pretty cake :)

He creeps :P

Coz i do pc oriented work all day long i get all my posting updates setn into my work mail, so as soon as i get a reply im on tapping away. I really want a nice foundation of cool peeps on here i can make friends with and keep up to date with each others progress,

So do you have a backstory link? how long you been braced, how long for, all the usual questions,

Do you use facebook, thinking of making a braced group. keep the social thing going and all that :)

vixi

#19 Post by vixi »

Hi Martin
Thanks for the comments :lol:

Well here is my story in short
As a child I was quite unlucky and most of my baby teeth came through decayed, so had to have a lot out by gas most unpleasent.

My dentist was kind but very old school, anyway I should have had braces when i was a teenager, but my parents gave me a choice and not being a fan on the dentist, I decided I was not having that done.

Anyway I am a dental phobic, who up to this year had not been to the dentist in ten years, now this is where I have been a very lucky girl, i decided that I had to go as I didnt want to lose my teeth, and i did not have any decay on my teeth at all , all i have is 1 tooth back molar that needs crown or removal, so after this good fotune , i mentioned to my dentist that I hate my teeth and about getting them straight.

He referred me to my ortho dentist , who told me what the treatment would be, + 2 teeth out on top

So I had them out on the 1st feb and had my braces fitted on the 6th, and yes like you it has cost me a lot of money

I am 37 now and part of me wishes I had done this years ago, and part pf me is still in shock that I am doing it and that they are actualy on and my teeth are going to change

I cant wait to see some differnce, once treatment is complete I am going to have them whitened

I will pm my msn if you use it , I am on all day at work :lol:

elpi

#20 Post by elpi »

Hello Martin,

It looks like you're a little bit further down the newbie line than me, congrats on having the nerve to go through molar extractions, I hope you get to have your braces soon and things go a bit more swimmingly!

davidspd

#21 Post by davidspd »

Hi Martin,

I'm another uk newbie - braces this week (not posted enough to get a signature link for story yet). Just wondered whether you're going to be going for metal or ceramics, and to warn you of the curry staining situation that i wasn't aware of :roll:. It looks like you've got some good support from your family (my man's being a bit of an arse at the moment), and hope you're off the antibiotics soon.

Keep us all updated
Gill