white scars

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ava

white scars

#1 Post by Ava »

Hi every body
it's been a while since I posted anything on here, but heres a quick rundown of my progress. After having a disgusting overbite and ovrjet prob, I cant believe how great my teeth are looking. ( I had elestics on from day one and im so glad cos my bite looks fab now). I had 4 extractions 2 top 2 bottom, after 6 months the bottom gaps are almost closed, the top are being a bit more stubborn but I'm being patient. So basically overall, I'm ecstatic about my progress.

Now for the problem. I've still got at least a year to go with braces however Im really worried that I'll get those white spots, or white scars when I get them removed! I brush twice a day at least, should be flossing more then I do, use a fluride rinse once to twice a week and pretty much keep away from any sodas (onlyoccasionally do i drink them and they are never dark colas or anything maybe the occasional lemonade) and completely cut off coffee. I do however, drink green tea which im very worried will stain my teeth. Oh and I'm also getting my teeth cleaned at the dentist every 6 months while braces are on..my first appointment is in a few weeks

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated...should I be stepping up in any areas? Please help I want to avoid this as best as i can.

Thanks guys,
ava

Ava

#2 Post by Ava »

thanks for that.
Thats interesting- Ive always thought it was to do with your teeth staining around your brackets. I find it very difficult to clean around the brackets at the moment because i have a wire that is set behind my regular archwire (kind of in a zig zag laced pattern) thats holding my front 6 teeth in place while trying to close side gaps.