11 month update with photos!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

BoSox2008

11 month update with photos!

#1 Post by BoSox2008 »

Hello everyone! I haven't been on here for a while, but I am glad to see your updated results and questions. I find that if I read through a couple pages of the most recent posts some of my own questions can be answered.

I am 22 and have had Damon braces (top & bottom) on since last March. And WOW when everyone says the time will fly - they aren't kidding! I have come a long way from my original bite/alignment and when I think back to my previous smile I cannot believe I ever considered not getting braces. I am so much more comfortable with my teeth in braces than I was with crooked teeth without braces.

I am a senior in college, graduating in May, so I have been aggressively searching for jobs, interviewing, etc. I have not felt held back by my braces at all, and although I'm anxious to get them removed, I am more anxious to have a perfect smile. My ortho said I will most likely be finished around the end of April or beginning of May. I would be super excited to get my braces off before my college graduation, but I would rather leave them on longer if it means finishing the right way.

I am very happy with the results, but I have noticed that while my teeth look wonderful in normal pictures or in the mirror, they look much less perfect in my close up photos! I noticed that my two front teeth are different lengths (they can shape that down, right?) and a couple of the teeth look shorter than I would like them to because of my gums. I am thinking of getting my gumline trimmed and evened out but I'm not sure - any advice?

I'm very pleased with the results thus far and the incredible progress on my bite (woohoo to taking a bite out of a sandwich and seeing a half circle for the first time in my life!) What does everyone think? Its hard to tell how I'm doing since I'm constantly staring and examining my own teeth.

Front:

Current

November

Last March

Top Arch:

Current

November

Last March

Bottom Arch

Current

November

Last March

Happy Valentines Day everyone : )

Mmmmuuaa

#2 Post by Mmmmuuaa »

Wow, I think your teeth look really amazing. I wouldn't have noticed your gums at all.

BoSox2008

#3 Post by BoSox2008 »

Thanks, that's so sweet! I looked at your blog and your teeth look amazinggg, are you still in braces or have they been removed? Those ceramic brackets look great on your teeth, you can barely notice them : )

bella66

#4 Post by bella66 »

they look great!! i love looking at peoples progress in pictures.
i've only had mine on for 2 weeks so it's good to see that it's all going to be worth it :D

Miss Smiley

#5 Post by Miss Smiley »

Even from November, there have been some subtle but significant changes! So even when we think we're almost done, our ortho's really know what they're doing but fine tuning all those tiny things. Looks great!
Upper and lower 1st premolars extracted
Uppers braced 4/6/07 & Lowers braced 4/20/07
ceramic brackets and rectangular arch wires
Est. term: 30-36 months
De-banded: 3/04/09 w/ LBR and U&L Essix

mariahfromchicago

#6 Post by mariahfromchicago »

Since November (my last adjustment), I have noticed that the tooth I'm having problems with moving (because there isn't enough room) finally has enough room to move forward.

BoSox2008

#7 Post by BoSox2008 »

Thanks everyone! The braces are really worth it, and even when you feel like nothing is moving, there may be tiny improvements that make all the difference in the world.

jenny101101

#8 Post by jenny101101 »

Hi BoSox2008! You're teeth look terrific! I hope you get them off for your graduation but, like you said, if they have to stay on to ensure perfectly straight teeth, it's great that you're ok with that :D

I have the same problem with one front tooth longer then the other and my gum covers more of one front tooth compared to the other front tooth. Most ppl have never noticed it but it really bugs me. I know they can file down the longer one, but not sure on what's involved with fixing a gumline....Did you get any answers on that one? I'd love to know!

Good luck with the rest of you braces journey!! :-#)
Keep smilin'! :)
Jenny

Braced for 18 months: Damon 3mx all around with Damon 3's on "social six". Now is Essix retainers for 10 hours/night.