Help!! Honest Opinions. Am I being too picky?? *PICS*

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

alioops

Help!! Honest Opinions. Am I being too picky?? *PICS*

#1 Post by alioops »

I saw my ortho this monday and he made an appointment for my debanding in 2 weeks (February 25th). :shock: I was treated for crowding on top and will have been braced for three months.

I have a concern with my right central incisor. I think that the tooth is still rotated to far to the center and is not properly aligned vertically with the left central incisor. This was my most "crooked" tooth so I know I am most sensitive about it.

My ortho thinks I'm ready to deband but I am not so sure. I could be being too picky...

Can you please give me your honest opinion? Am I done?
THANKS SO MUCH

bracedintx

#2 Post by bracedintx »

I'm sensitive about my laterals too--for my money-literally, since I'm paying for it, not the ortho-I want my laterals to be more even with my front teeth. So that there are no corners tucked behind other teeth. And to me it looks like that right lateral is just a hair behind your front tooth.
My ortho has told me that at the end of the day, I'm the one who has to be happy with my teeth (I agree) so if there is something you want to fix you should really try to explain what you want to see before the braces come off. If it can't be done, then he should be able to explain why not, e.g. your arch can't support any further broadening without compromising the stability of your bite, the roots of your teeth...

Your teeth look quite lovely overall, and I can guarantee that you will be the only one to notice the tiny'imperfections'. Hope this helped some. Good luck!
self-ligating metal brackets all around

jennielee81

#3 Post by jennielee81 »

Definately point that out to your ortho. He may be planning to fix it with your retainer.

My left central was also not in line with the rest of my teeth and when I pointed it out, he said he'd fix it with the retainer. He had a spring retainer made that pushes on that tooth.

Your teeth are beautiful, your result is going to be stunning!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

OneTime

#4 Post by OneTime »

I have the same problem with my upper center incisors. It's still not fix and I pointed that out to the ortho...I'm set to deband for the 28. I may need another month....

In process...
4 spacer and upper braced 1/10
Spacer removed and fully braced 1/24
Final 05/15/08

alioops

#5 Post by alioops »

Thanks so much everyone. :rose:

I think I'll see if I can make an appointment one week before the debanding appointment to go over my concern with the ortho and see what he says.

I know for many of us it was a hard decision to become an adult braceface... As a reward for our bravery and hard work we should be no less than thrilled with the results.

This board has been so helpful to me over the past few months, and inspirational too to see all the wonderfull progress and end results of the members. So on a side note thanks for being here..

Skates

#6 Post by Skates »

debanding at three months? THREE MONTHS?!!!!

Your teeth look great. There's nothing to worry about. Sorry for the three months comment, I've been in these for three months (they said 17) and I just got the helix off.

You made the right decision, mention to your ortho. Like others have said, it can be fixed.

mjbusch

#7 Post by mjbusch »

Sorry to say but I think you should have braces on a little while longer. I would have thought your orthodontist would have widened your jaw a little. Then that would help move the laterals into there correct postion. Also your right canine doesn't seem to be symetrical with your left canine.

I am kinda of picky and since you probley spent quite a bit of money you might as well get it fixed.

http://www.thejcdp.com/issue032/poosti/02poosti.htm

Page 3 and 5 should also give you more information what I am talking about in more detail.

I hope this helps.

mariahfromchicago

#8 Post by mariahfromchicago »

Three months!!!????
Lucky!!! :wink: No really, I think you should bring that up.
Your teeth look great!!! Mine don't look good.
- mariah

lianas

#9 Post by lianas »

Nice teeth but I think your right it also looks like some of your back molers are in a crossbite position.

breal87

#10 Post by breal87 »

allioops have you had braces before?

Test