Debanding day for SnowSara :D

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mg

#16 Post by mg »

Beautiful results, just beautiful!

You make the journey for us newbies much easier and certainly convinced me this is all worth it.

Smile away!

Feb 12 '08: Full Metal Upper & Lower
Mar 04 '08: TPA until crossbite is corrected
Feb 03 '09: TPA removed: out of crossbite!!
Feb 12 '10: Sentence 24 months give or take
Sep 21 '09: BRACES REMOVED!!

SnowSara

#17 Post by SnowSara »

:oops: :oops: :oops:
You make a girl blush!

It was totally worth it, glad to inspire!

All Metal Uppers and Lowers - brackets placed with OrthoCAD

Braces on 2/1/2007, Removed 2/13/2008, now in Essix retainers.

alioops

#18 Post by alioops »

Absolutely PERFECT!! Everything about your smile is just flawless. :D Congratulations.

nogota

#19 Post by nogota »

Wow! You're teeth look AMAZING!! Congrats :D

ilovemacs

#20 Post by ilovemacs »

Amazing & super speedy! Thank OrthoCAD for that!! Congrats!! They're AWESOME!!!! :D

SnowSara

#21 Post by SnowSara »

My essix retainers are in!

I'm still getting used to them, they are not my favorite thing right now. I am using them as whitening trays tho!

I'm going to poke around the retainer forum, does anyone know if it's ok to file down the sides a little bit? The edges are killin' my tongue. I'm toughing it out though for now, I assume I'll get used to them the same way I did my braces.

Jillianleab

#22 Post by Jillianleab »

Amazing results!!! :D

I was told (and have done it) that trimming the edges of my retainer is ok to do, just as long as you don't interfere with the parts that cover the teeth. I used a finger nail clipper. :)
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806

KK Cat

#23 Post by KK Cat »

Wow!! Looking fantastic. Super results. You have lovely shaped teeth also. Congrats.

Long way to go before I get to the retainer stage, but as you say time goes fast (the one advantage of getting braces as an adult I think is that 2.5 years which it will be for me is forever when you are a teen, but passes quickly when you are an adult).
2 upper 1st bicuspids extracted
Uppers braced (metal), molar bands upper & lower 25 May 07
Lowers braced 22 Oct 07
Next adjustment 21 Apr 2008
Estimated brace time 2.5 years

SnowSara

#24 Post by SnowSara »

I carefully trimmed and filed down the retainer and my, what a world of difference! I double checked documentation from Essix that gives the a-ok to do so if sharp edges are bothering you. They're so comfortable and I am getting better at speaking with them, I really don't mind wearing them all day. I can tell they are doing their job as well, they now fit snug but aren't so tight as they were in the beginning.

I was out with friends this weekend and we ordered a bunch of appetizers, it was such a joy to be able to eat hotwings in public without embarrassment! I still have the habit of asking my boyfriend if anything is stuck in my teeth though!

SnowSara

#25 Post by SnowSara »

My rpe makes me talk like a duck but I'm getting better
Exactly... it takes practice! I talk to myself in the car to get warmed up, ha! Yesterday I was shopping alone for a few hours and then ran into a friend. Since I hadn't spoken to anyone out loud in awhile as soon as I started talking to her I found my tongue trapped against my retainer. I sounded ridiculous! I told her what was going on and got the hang of it in a few sentences, but it was hilarious to me how easy it was to forget! I can't describe the difference, it's just sort a certain positioning of the tongue and creating certain sounds in a slightly different way. I'm still getting the hang of it, but for the most part I can speak so no one else would even notice.

Also, I've been doing my 30 min whitening in my office during the afternoons! It keeps me away from snacking.

Zuke

#26 Post by Zuke »

AMAZING results!! SOOO jealous! ;)

Did you ever post your starting pics on the list? Just to compare....they look great!

Z

breal87

#27 Post by breal87 »

SnowSara - I'm glad you got those edges filed down, your teeth look so great

Test

SnowSara

#28 Post by SnowSara »

Good call! I have pics of my first month or so in braces but have not yet posted true before and after photos. I will dig those up and post them here!

SnowSara

#29 Post by SnowSara »

And with those straight teeth Id walking around the office taking bites outta people's sandwiches so they can see how perfect the bite is!
Haha! Well, I've done something similar I must admit... :oops: took a bite of a slice of cheese to see for myself. The bite was perfect!

Jillianleab

#30 Post by Jillianleab »

SnowSara wrote:
And with those straight teeth Id walking around the office taking bites outta people's sandwiches so they can see how perfect the bite is!
Haha! Well, I've done something similar I must admit... :oops: took a bite of a slice of cheese to see for myself. The bite was perfect!
I love doing stuff like that! :oops: And for some reason I get the biggest, stupidest thrill out of biting into a pickle or banana! :oops:
~jlb~

Braced 5/19/06 - Full Metal Mouth!
Went topless 07/27/07!
Totally NAKED 08/30/07!

See my braces story with lots of pics here:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 2806#92806