Ceramic Braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jennielee81

#16 Post by jennielee81 »

Depends on how you handle pain in general. Some people don't feel much pain from getting braces, but have pressure.

On day 1, I had pressure and ate a normal meal with normal food. The next morning was a very different story :soremouth: . I had to eat soft food for a little while after that first day.

As I recall, the 3rd day seemed to be the worst, after that things quickly got easier.

I would get some soft foods for the first few days anyway. Just in case you need them.
Let us know how it all goes!!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

clairet707

#17 Post by clairet707 »

Meryaten wrote:As noted above, ceramic brackets don't stain, but the little rubber ties (ligs, modules, elastomerics) can and do, unless you choose deep colours.

However, I do wonder what aesthetic brackets your ortho offers. Since they usually only place the aesthetic brackets on the front teeth (let's say 4 to 4) that's one heck of a surcharge! At least it is unless those are nice fancy, self-ligating aesthetic brackets, in which case there's be nothing to stain.
Is this a US thing, as I have ceramics on all of my top teeth, apart from the back two on each side which are the self ligating brackets?!?

I dont know the difference in price between these and the metal as I asked for the ceramics or the behind teeth braces for aesthetic reasons