Who has the most "interesting bite"?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

danz23

Who has the most "interesting bite"?

#1 Post by danz23 »

During a hygiene appointment my new dentist came in to do a short exam and was commenting on my "interesting bite". I was a little offended especially seeing as I'm pretty happy with how my teeth are progressing, but i know my bite is kinda funny. But didn't realise it was that unusual! When i went for my first ortho consultation last year I was told some orthodontists would recommend surgery if I was their patient. It's strange coz a lot of people say my teeth dont look that bad and even though theyre pretty crowded theres only a few that are making my smile not that attractive. I think I have an open bite and I read somewhere theyr'e hardest to fix? At the moment I'm just looking foward to them being straighter (and like I said the're way better, the top ones at least), then my bite improving later. Think thats how it's meant to work? Any other "interesting cases" out there? Pictures would be good! Especially of open bites :).
Treatment by a Cosmetic Dentist:
1/3/07-22/11/07: removable appliances
22/11/07-10/2/09: Innovation C on uppers
8/1?/08-10/2/09: Innovation R on lowers
Ortho:
25/2/09-29/8/11: Clarity brackets

platinum

#2 Post by platinum »

I propably have one of those boring bites. Overbite and overjet. My regular dentists commented that we both have our teeth done from the same mold.

I do find perfect bite very interesting. Teeth just go to togeher so nicely.

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

I had a 3mm bilateral posterior open bite, upper overcrowding and cross bite. Managed to find an ortho who would treat me without surgery and am happy with the outcome. Sorry, I don't have pics.

kittymeow84

#4 Post by kittymeow84 »

My bite isn't that unusual but I have a pretty "interesting" tooth that sticks out. My ortho said he's never had a case like mine before.

All being fixed without extractions and surgery too :D Check out the link in my signature for photos.
Clickies on the "WWW" to see my braces story :)

Clo

#5 Post by Clo »

Hi,

this is my open bite :

And yes, I am biting down here as much as I can. My case is obviously quite
challenging too, as this is now my third ortho trying to get it better. My teeth
are quite straight too at this moment. But my bite is almost non-functional,
and I still have an overjet of about 6 mm too. Getting my teeth straight was
the easier part, that I know for sure now.

danz23

#6 Post by danz23 »

yeah that was the first thing I wondered when I saw your pic Clo, if you were biting down or not. Hehe. Doesn't look like I'm biting down either does it? This is my first post with a photo attached (well, hope it works anyway!). Not good at this kind of thing. :oops: Nice teeth by the way, will look great when you are finished!
Treatment by a Cosmetic Dentist:
1/3/07-22/11/07: removable appliances
22/11/07-10/2/09: Innovation C on uppers
8/1?/08-10/2/09: Innovation R on lowers
Ortho:
25/2/09-29/8/11: Clarity brackets

Skates

#7 Post by Skates »

If I was to bite down on a pen, one side tilts up noticeably. My dentist called my bite a roller coaster because it is both wavy and curvy.

Sorry no pictures, but I get where everyone is coming from.

badbite

#8 Post by badbite »

Every dentist I go to says the same thing. First they say, "bite down." So I do and then they say, "I said bite down." I'll say, "I am." Then they say, "Wow, that is the worst bite I've ever seen." The first few times I heard that I thought 'why would they say theat to someone.' Then I just got used to it. It took me loosing my main "chewing" tooth to do anything about it ($$$$$$$$).

Now I have had SARPE and though my teeth look much worse, my bite is starting to get better. I do have a major underbite. When braces straighten my teeth, my bite will look really bad untill after upper jaw advancement.

My main ultimate goal right now is to be able to eat corn off the cob! I have never been able to do that.

RPE in on Jan 7, 2008
SARPE on Jan 11, 2008 expanded 7 mm
RPE out on May 14, 2008