Tomorrow`s the Big Day !!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

adilap

#16 Post by adilap »

Thanks! Congrats to you too! I just can't get over how weird they feel plus I feel like a teenager.

mazdagirl

#17 Post by mazdagirl »

Yeah it feels strange for sure, can I ask you ?? Do you grind/ Clench your teeth at night?

browneyedgrl

#18 Post by browneyedgrl »

Hi Mazdagirl,

Congrats on your b-day!!! As far as the roughness goes, you'll totally get used to it. I would totally use wax, take an OTC when needed and stay hydrated -- that is key!

I used to wear a nightgard for my TMJ, which really didn't do anything anyway. I'm very conscious of my grinding/clenching, plus my bite changes almost daily. As far as a guard goes, I would either ask your ortho or dentist and see what can be done.

Good luck with your journey!

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

Lana

#19 Post by Lana »

Congrats mazdagirl ! 8)

Haha, thats crazy about going back to work i'm actually worried about that myself for when the time comes i'm almost sure i'll have to work that day. Let us know how it goes :P

Lana

loulou123

#20 Post by loulou123 »

Congratulations to you both on getting braced :D

they do take a few days too get used to, but the best advise i can give you is too eat on them asap as it seems to help in the long run.

Im also a tooth grinder/clencher at night and sometimes during the day, and like you had to wear a guard pre braces. Ive continued to do it since being braced, but fortanetly havent done my teeth any harm.

Good luck, any questions just ask :D

Braces on 11th June 2006,~ BSSO and Wisdom tooth removal 11th February 2008,~ Plate Removal 14th May 2008,~ Braces off 28th August 2008.

http://adultwithbraces.blogspot.com/

mazdagirl

Regrets

#21 Post by mazdagirl »

I am about 5 hours into braces and feeling pretty low , i Kinda regret getting this done!

HELP

Jex

#22 Post by Jex »

adilap and mazdagirl, I got mine on the 4th, too! I had a harder time with the etching fluid than I did the glue. The cleats on my bands are killing me under my tongue, even though he worked on them. I just called him and I'm going in tomorrow to have them worked on again. I feel like I can't truly bite down, and that's weird. I CANNOT believe how much food gets stuck in the braces. I literally got 1/2 a grape stuck up there last night, and don't get me started on the pasta and beans. I think I will lose weight just because half of all my food gets brushed down the sink! :P
I am a huge fan of yogurt right now. One thing I am using for sore spots is orabase...but the prescription one, not the OTC one. The prescription one has Kenalog in it, a mild steroid, and actually helps heal. Amen for that! I am also getting a Waterpik tonight so that I will only floss every other day. I am exhausted from flossing.
I will say the low level pressure/pain makes me cranky. :evil:

Tops went on March 4, 2008
Lowers go on May 30, 2008
Bracket Mullet---metal on the bottom (business), Ice (party) on the top!

Jex

#23 Post by Jex »

Mazdagirl, I thought I was going to go crazy yesterday and a couple times today. The braces were all I could think about. I told myself they have to stay on for at least 3 weeks and then if I really want to get them taken off, I can. Knowing there's only a finite time helps. I doubt I'll actually get them taken off, but this has given me some comfort.

rmogen

#24 Post by rmogen »

mazdagirl, I get my braces top and bottom on next Wednesday. I've had them once before. SO don't worry, you'll get used to them, it just takes a little time. I'm just as scared and nervous as you were and are, That's why we all have this site.

You have to think of the end game and what your mouth will look like, that's what is helping me. I udnerstand where you are at though, and I'm not far behind, I'm just looking at the future. It will be worth it.

mazdagirl

help

#25 Post by mazdagirl »

Yeah I know what you mean Jex ...just the idea of saying take these off is pretty comforting right now. I grind and clench at night so im worried about going to bed tonight, I would have to say that is one of my biggest worries.

I dont have much pain YET , so Ill go get some soup now and hope for the best. The stuff getting stuck in there is terrible too. I am missing 2 teeth and thats where most of the food goes.

I just hope it gets better, I dont deal well with change and Ive been sitting on the couch crying for the past hour. Maybe thats extreme , dont know whats wrong just feel really nervous.

adilap

#26 Post by adilap »

I am starting to feel the same way. My youngest does not like them and had a complete meltdown when she saw me. I do keep telling myself about the end result. I am starting to feel the pressure now. Hang in there Mazdagirl. I am here for you.

browneyedgrl

#27 Post by browneyedgrl »

Hi Mazdagirl,

Have you taken anything yet? If it's been 5 plus hours, I'm sure that the pressure is starting to set in. Definitely try and eat some soft foods.

Don't worry about the grinding and clenching, I felt the same way about it too. I slept great the first night! Just make sure that you take an OTC pain reliever and drink plenty of fliuds.

Feel better, we're all here for you!

B
Started the journey for the second time on January 10th 2008~Ceramic uppers and metal lowers. Removed on June 2nd 2009.

[/url]

Jex

#28 Post by Jex »

Mazdagirl, I am so sorry you're this upset. Keep focusing on the fact that you can have them taken off anytime you choose. I get a little claustrophobic, and this is no different. Also, keep busy! Everyone on here has gone through exactly what we did....and they're still here! :wink: We can do this!

Clairey Fairey

#29 Post by Clairey Fairey »

Soon you won't notice them and forget they're on. and believe me time flies, they'll be off before u know it, and you'll look fantastic!! :D

mazdagirl

Your all angels

#30 Post by mazdagirl »

Thanks so much for your words of wisdom . I did eat some canned noodles and drank lots of water. I went to the drugstore and bought some more advil and some Carmex...that stuff is awesome!

I managed to get 4 balls of wax on my 4 front teeth and hoping that will stay all night, just took 2 advil and not feeling much pain.

I know everyone much go true the same thing, its just hard when its you and there is nobody here with me tonight, hubby is working and kids at the grand parents.

Everyday will get better and Ill be on here a lot , venting and asking for advice, you guys are all awesome. I am so glad I found this group !

Nancy