Can't really bite down---help!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jex

Can't really bite down---help!

#1 Post by Jex »

This is really kind of freaking me out. My bite is really not a huge issue (fortunately) but since I have had the braces on (with molar bands), I can't really bite down. My left upper "premolar?" rests on the band of my lower molar---I could be wrong, I don't really know tooth names yet---and I can't really bite down, as it stops everybody else from meeting up. He "smoothed down" my left lower band this morning, but I still really have to think and shift around a little to get my teeth to fit together. Is this normal????

Tops went on March 4, 2008
Lowers go on May 30, 2008
Bracket Mullet---metal on the bottom (business), Ice (party) on the top!

chickenlittle

#2 Post by chickenlittle »

Hey

I am new and only got my braces on yesterday but other than my front two teeth nothing meets up at all!

My ortho was telling me yesterday to only use my back teeth to chew anything but they dont even remotely close up together so I guess I will be eating soft food for a very long time-seems so weird that they never mentioned anything about that.

Good luck with it all! :)

jennielee81

#3 Post by jennielee81 »

oh yes, this is quite normal. It'll shift and settle out in the next few weeks. Try to ignore it if you can. :wink:

I had this same issue and it was annoying!! After the first week or 2, it wasn't too much of a bother even though it was still there.

We humans are great at adapting! You'll be eating "normally" and forget to notice it soon.

HANG IN THERE!!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

Jex

#4 Post by Jex »

Thank you! I obsess, and was just afraid I was going to spend 3 weeks reinforcing a "bad" bite! LOL Then again, my ortho did not seem overly concerned and he's the bite expert, now, isn't he? :oops:

Jennielee, I just have to say you have the most BEAUTIFUL smile! If the rest of your face is as lovely as that then you must really light up a room!

Chickenlittle, I cannot believe you have Vickie Pollard! :lol: I LOVE Little Britain!!!! I am certainly well giving my cleats evils from time to time!

Thanks so much for making me feel better, y'all!

Tops went on March 4, 2008
Lowers go on May 30, 2008
Bracket Mullet---metal on the bottom (business), Ice (party) on the top!

chickenlittle

#5 Post by chickenlittle »

You cant help but be obsessed! I cant stop looking and talking about the braces and my family are already bored with it and it hasnt been 24 hours yet, so that is why I thought should join in here! lol

I luuurrve Little Britain too. So funny! I love the english humour.

I will agree that Jennielee's smile is gorgeous. My teeth are almost identical at the front so would be thrilled if my teeth turn out like that!

jennielee81

#6 Post by jennielee81 »

THANKS GUYS!!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

BrandonH

#7 Post by BrandonH »

I've had an expander for a month or so and braces for a week.

My bite has changed at least 4 or 5 times.