Tomorrow`s the Big Day !!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mazdagirl

#46 Post by mazdagirl »

Hi everyone

No they werent very nice about it , he was like well its just deep fillings and a little recession you should try and tuff it out.
I called another orthos office about 1 1/2 hours away , the ortho is gone for some seminars but will be back in the office next week. I explained everything to the receptionist and she seemed to hear my cries for help. The good thing about that place is before I decided to go with the ortho i have now I had gone in there for a consult so they already have a chart on me. Ill just have to cross my fingers and hope they will take them off.
The 24th seems to long away, and my top gums are acking some bad right now.

I really dont know how I get myself in these messes , I try to do a good thing and it turns out like this! I feel like such a fool, my husband was mad at me this morning when I woke him up to tell him about my pain! But after hearing all the bad news he said he was sorry he freaked out at me. I just hope everything is gonna be ok and I can get outta this mess.

Do you think the ortho could change his mind about removing them? Wow he better not , I have an appt scheduled so should be ok. He scares me !

JML0090

#47 Post by JML0090 »

If you want them off he cannot make you keep them on.

Jex

#48 Post by Jex »

Yeah, no way he could make you keep them on. Will you have any trouble getting your money back? I hope not. Make sure you have an excellent periodontist to do all this work on your gums and get second opinions. You are not being a baby at all! To me, tooth pain is the utmost extreme and I want people to coddle me when my teeth hurt! :wink:

Tops went on March 4, 2008
Lowers go on May 30, 2008
Bracket Mullet---metal on the bottom (business), Ice (party) on the top!

mazdagirl

#49 Post by mazdagirl »

well last night, after falling asleep for about 1 hour. I woke up and all my lips where swollen and my gums where burning. I went to the emergency dept. and was told I am having an allergic reaction to the brackets. ( I am allergic to many thing...diffrent meds ..ect...) Well called the orthos office this morning, as they are travelling to the city I live in ( they come here once a month) my son has an appt at 10:30 so I was told he will see me then. I have to get these taken off before I get another reaction!!! My mouth is in so much pain! Someone help me here.....any advice on what to tell him when I get there?? He has to take these off.....cant have another reaction ,

Jex

#50 Post by Jex »

I'd bring any documentation you have from your ER visit last night. In addition, I'd say as calmly as possible, "I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but I need to have these brackets removed today. I have dental procedures and surgery to schedule and I do not want my brackets to impede them, nor do I want to have anymore reactions like this." If he refuses, I would seek another ortho to do it pronto, and I would call the Board that governs orthodontists there.

GOOD LUCK!

mazdagirl

Its all off....

#51 Post by mazdagirl »

Finally found a dentiste...who happens to work with an orthodontist ( ortho was on vacation) that took them off. It cost me 145 $ , but was well worth it. They just could not understand why they didnt wanna take them off, but they did it for me and am I ever happy now. I have some pain still in my gums on the bad side, but its all gonna heal.

I really dont know how long it will be until I think about getting braces again, first the root canals and the gum fixing. Maybe in a couple of years....I just hope when my original Ortho comes back from vacation he will refund me some of my money $$ back. I have to thank everyone on here for all the responses and kind words. Ill keep you all posted on my progress......

Thanks again !!!

Jex

#52 Post by Jex »

Mazdagirl, I am happy for you! I wish you luck with all your "dental adventures" coming up, but I am so happy for you that you got your brackets off. Bite into a piece of really crusty bread for me, would ya? :lol:

mazdagirl

lines on teeth??

#53 Post by mazdagirl »

Hey everyone

Just noticed this morning that my 2 front teeth have some weird lines in them....is this from when the dentist took the glue off? If so can this be fixed?

mazdagirl

#54 Post by mazdagirl »

Is there such a thing as hypoallergenic braces? The lines seem to be from when he was grinding/ polishing the glue off.

mazdagirl

NEWS!!!!!

#55 Post by mazdagirl »

I went in today for the kids check up at the Orthos. I asked him for a refund and of course the answer was no!!!

He says I should just get everthing fixed and then go back to get them put on, I told him im not sure about that. He didnt want to stop and sit with me for a minute and talk. Pretty much just brushed me off again.

The good news is my oldest only goes back in 12 months to have a check on his retainer, and my youngest will be done with his braces in 6 months maximum.

So if this is what it takes to get rid of this nightmare losing about $ 400 well I guess there is nothing I can do about it.

I just wanted to thank everyone on here! Your all awesome!

Spidey

#56 Post by Spidey »

Do you have a crock pot??

I found the crock pot to be my best friend during the first four months in braces... You can make soups and stews and all kinds of food that can easily be squished to the roof of your mouth thenwallowed... no chewing involved!! I also ate lots of hummus, guocomole and other dips with soft bread. I needed it, trust me. Lots of people say the pain wasn't bad, but I will be very honest. My face felt like I had been in a fistfight. My front teeth were really out of alignment, and I had both arches braced at seperate times (so just when I was recovering, i went through the pain again!!) Not to scare anyone, but it can be uncomfortable for just a few short days. For me, I found I got a lot of headaches too. Just take some ibuprofin and drink lots of water~ You will get through it.

Just keep thinking of that beautiful smile that will be the result!!!!

:lol:

platinum

#57 Post by platinum »

Is there such a thing as hypoallergenic braces?
I have nickel free metal brackets on my lowers and usual ceramics on my top. The only annoying thing is that one cant use those flexible Ni-Ti wires in the beginning. I had stainless steel ones for a start and they really made my teeth sore. What i heard those stainless steel wires contain some nickel but I havent had any reactions so far.