braces splitting gums

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ryan1991

braces splitting gums

#1 Post by ryan1991 »

Today,I had a dreadful pain in my gum. When I checked, there appears to be a deep cut in my gum, which is now all white, and a very strange feeling when my tongue touches it.

Is this normal,or because its quite deep, something to be concerned about?

Lisa65

#2 Post by Lisa65 »

I don't know if it's the same thing, but I've got sore gums where some very old (30 years!) extraction gaps are being closed up. It looks like my gum is getting kind of pinched up.

Other than that, did you maybe cut your gum flossing or eating something sharp?

I doubt it's much to worry about, unless it starts getting worse. Try rinsing your mouth out with warm salt water or some hydrogen peroxide, which is a mild antiseptic, and see how it is in a few days.

Jex

#3 Post by Jex »

I'd phone the ortho....that's what we're payin' 'em for! :)

Tops went on March 4, 2008
Lowers go on May 30, 2008
Bracket Mullet---metal on the bottom (business), Ice (party) on the top!