second day with braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

okikio

second day with braces

#1 Post by okikio »

So far has braces have been fine but I have a quick question. My back molars dont touch therefore I cannot bite down...real annoying. I was wondering how long this is going to last?

ps.. I love reading everyones braces stories! also this site was real helpful in preparing me before getting braced

Zondrae

#2 Post by Zondrae »

not very long. Teeth move pretty fast in the beginning. :D

Envy

#3 Post by Envy »

Yeah i would say 2-3 appointments and you should be good. :D

Becca

#4 Post by Becca »

I had that same problem..made it very hard to eat at first. It only took mine about a month to touch. And teeth do move really fast so it won't take long. :D

okikio

#5 Post by okikio »

good to hear it wont take long. thank you so much!

danish

#6 Post by danish »

Hi okikio,

It'll probably take some weeks. Maybe even up to a couple of months depending on how fast the teeth move. In the beginning you will notice the changed molar position each time you eat. Soon you will get used to it.

Looking forward to following your story here.

Godspeed :thumbsup:

Danish
metal braces on: 4 Oct 2007
Tx for: crowding
debonded on: 24 Jun 2009

total treatment time: 629 days

my journey ==> http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=

tiggrr2001

#7 Post by tiggrr2001 »

I would say several weeks also. It took about 4 before my top teeth stopped hitting my bottom brackets.

okikio

#8 Post by okikio »

ok awesome! I'll definatly have to start recording my braces journey on here.

danish

#9 Post by danish »

Hi again,

Writing a blog and taking pictures is a great idea. This way you'll see the changes to your teeth...and the readers of your story can enjoy your journey as well.

Danish :wink:
metal braces on: 4 Oct 2007
Tx for: crowding
debonded on: 24 Jun 2009

total treatment time: 629 days

my journey ==> http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=